Window ONLY rolls down when door is closed..

• Sponsors (?)

Could be a broken wire in the door jamb. Mine only works when the door is open sometimes. I would almost bet you have a wire that is on its way out in the door jamb, probably either the power wire or ground wire.

Easiest way would be to get a wiring diagram, and trace it based off what is working and what ain't. The circuit that don't work is the wires you want to look for and trace. A test light will make it pretty easy to find along with the wiring diagram :nice:

iiiiiiim going to subscribe. Im having the same issue and have always thought to just pull back the boot but never have actually done it... i want to know how this turns out for ya..

we'll get it done:nice:

Easiest way would be to get a wiring diagram, and trace it based off what is working and what ain't. The circuit that don't work is the wires you want to look for and trace. A test light will make it pretty easy to find along with the wiring diagram :nice:

yeah i was out all day yesterday with a test light and schematic, i would sometimes open the drivers door wiggle and move around wires and it would work.. the wind would blow and the door would shut a little more and it would stop working so the problem SEEMED like something loose in the wiring.. never put it all together till AFTER i was "done" got back in the car shut the door and NOTHING worked.. tapped the wires no luck opened the door and accidentally hit the button, and bam no issues.. so at least i know WHERE its screwed up..

My power mirrors were doing something similar. after 23 years wires fail.

yeah figured as much just trying to track down the broken one.. ;)