• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

window regulator update

  • Thread starter Thread starter driftin luke
  • Start date Start date Jun 9, 2009
D

driftin luke

New Member
Mar 17, 2003
18
0
1
Jun 9, 2009
#1
  • Jun 9, 2009
  • #1
Today I finally put in the window reg in my 98 gt. I reglued the bracket and glued on a support piece on each side of the bracket. Everything went together ok,I used bolts to re-install the window not rivets. There is only 1 problem the window only goes half way down then the reg seems to bind up. I'll look at it tomorrow but in the mean time any of thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.The reg seemed to cycle ok when the window was not bolted to the regulator.Also when I took the old reg out the motor was positioned in the middle of the semi-ring gear so thats the way I installed the new one could that be the problem?
 

flstang65

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2007
1,484
135
94
SE Georgia
Jun 9, 2009
#2
  • Jun 9, 2009
  • #2
I am not understanding what you are talking about with the gluing. I have never had to re glue anything when changing out window regulators.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
Rust under side window weatherstrip
  • swe13
  • Jun 5, 2025
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
163
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- Jun 5, 2025
swe13
S
4
Crank no start/no fuel pressure-pump runs
  • 4gwenddolau9
  • Sep 25, 2024
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
728
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jan 27, 2025
TennMan
S
Help with window and possible engine
  • StefRena22
  • Jun 12, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
19
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 21, 2025
Willybill32
B
water pump installation questions
  • B0udreaux
  • Feb 5, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
38
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 28, 2026
General karthief
W
2012 Base Convertible Driver Side Power Window Will Not Work
  • wmmihail
  • May 25, 2024
  • 2010 - 2014 Specific Tech
Replies
1
Views
2K
2010 - 2014 Specific Tech May 25, 2024
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?