Window shopping

• Sponsors (?)

RangerJoe

I leave the horn on while driving
5 Year Member
Apr 26, 2010
Georgia
I have to ask....why are you looking for another fox when you just sold a pretty nice one with lots of time and effort already in it?

hoopty5.0

mechanicus terribilis
Mod Dude
Dec 14, 2010
SW Houston
I have to ask....why are you looking for another fox when you just sold a pretty nice one with lots of time and effort already in it?
Thanks for being tactful at least, haha. Someone a while back said i don’t deserve a nice fox.

Anywho - the last car was a bummer to sell. But it needed time. Something I’m really short on lately. I’m swearing off large builds for real. No seriously, i promise. I just want something to drive now that all my friends have nice cruisers. They’re actually at a car show right now without me.
Maybe you buy that, maybe you don’t, but it’s where we are.

Reactions: General karthief

02 281 GT

Agreed...My wife has great Boobs
10 Year Member
Feb 3, 2009
Wichita Falls, TX
I’ve been looking, they just aren’t out there. Anything i can afford is a basket case.

Find me a 66 fairlane or a 69 Torino GT for $7500.
Does it have to be a ‘66?
https://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/d/claremore-1963-ford-fairlane-500/6849649004.html
https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/temple-1963-ford-fairlane-2-door-hard/6860109803.html
A slightly crusty ‘69 for $5500.
https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/d/nevada-1969-ford-torino-gt/6850588165.html

Honestly, I would tell you to concentrate on the house and baby number two for now, resist the urge to get a car just to have one, and save up for what you really want.

hoopty5.0

mechanicus terribilis
Mod Dude
Dec 14, 2010
SW Houston
Does it have to be a ‘66?
https://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/d/claremore-1963-ford-fairlane-500/6849649004.html
https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/temple-1963-ford-fairlane-2-door-hard/6860109803.html
A slightly crusty ‘69 for $5500.
https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/d/nevada-1969-ford-torino-gt/6850588165.html

Honestly, I would tell you to concentrate on the house and baby number two for now, resist the urge to get a car just to have one, and save up for what you really want.
I want to but i don’t know how to do that.

I can buy a pack of smokes and burn through em in a day and not pick up another pack for months.

I can drink beer all weekend and go all week without a beer.

I can’t go without a car. I don’t know how to do it. Weirdest thing ever.

• Haha

CarMichael Angelo

I don't like your attitude, let me fix that.
SN Certified Technician
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
I think it was rude to be told that you don't deserve a nice car...( Especially coming from a guy that thinks that I'm the poster child for rude)
I think a classic is completely beyond the norm, unless you're willing to consider a really boring steamship sized version like a 69- 70 Galaxy fastback...and even then......the nice ones are 15k. You can probably find some tuna barge version GM made out there ( Buick/olds/Pontiac) for less, maybe a Chrysler for even more so...but the older you get it,..the more like an " old car" it's gonna be.

The fact of the matter is that a Fox mustang is the closest thing to a classic mustang you'll ever need. And at the same time upgrade-able to a performance level that surpasses what you'll ever be able to hope for in any mustang made before 1979.

By your statements, you'd be willing to consider a whole bunch of stuff out there,...I have an idea..Cause I know for a fact that a nice unmolested version of one of these cars would be under 5-7k

Ready?

Behold the original Fox.
1238212_363183229648238_Orig.jpg

Every freakin thing that you can put on a mustang, fits this car w/o mods. This one has 34k miles, and is for sale for 5990.00

How do you like them apples?

*An to add this edit:.. This is a 4 banger car..the listed curb weight of a 4 banger Futura coupe is.......2684 lbs.

Last edited:
  • Surprised

hoopty5.0

mechanicus terribilis
Mod Dude
Dec 14, 2010
SW Houston
I think it was rude to be told that you don't deserve a nice car...( Especially coming from a guy that thinks that I'm the poster child for rude)
I think a classic is completely beyond the norm, unless you're willing to consider a really boring steamship sized version like a 69- 70 Galaxy fastback...and even then......the nice ones are 15k. You can probably find some tuna barge version GM made out there ( Buick/olds/Pontiac) for less, maybe a Chrysler for even more so...but the older you get it,..the more like an " old car" it's gonna be.

The fact of the matter is that a Fox mustang is the closest thing to a classic mustang you'll ever need. And at the same time upgrade-able to a performance level that surpasses what you'll ever be able to hope for in any mustang made before 1979.

By your statements, you'd be willing to consider a whole bunch of stuff out there,...I have an idea..Cause I know for a fact that a nice unmolested version of one of these cars would be under 5-7k

Ready?

Behold the original Fox.
1238212_363183229648238_Orig.jpg

Every freakin thing that you can put on a mustang, fits this car w/o mods. This one has 34k miles, and is for sale for 5990.00

How do you like them apples?

*An to add this edit:.. This is a 4 banger car..the listed curb weight of a 4 banger Futura coupe is.......2684 lbs.
I like apples, but that’s a crab apple Mike! Haha

I drove 2 hours to look at the Rust Coupe. Complete bust. It was either a flood or northern car. Paint was an 8/10, interior was a 9/10. The underside was a 0.5/10. Oh man. Poor guy didn’t even know either.

The hunt continues.

• Surprised
Reactions: JoeDaddy

02 281 GT

Agreed...My wife has great Boobs
10 Year Member
Feb 3, 2009
Wichita Falls, TX
That’s debatable.

And the curb weight of my 6-banger ‘66 was originally rated at 2600 lbs. Now that I think of it, early foxes were freakishly light cars.

RaggedGT

the temporary thread ban is a nice tool - LoL
Mod Dude
Jul 20, 2014
Taylorsville ky
www.stangnet.com
Thanks for being tactful at least, haha. Someone a while back said i don’t deserve a nice fox.

Anywho - the last car was a bummer to sell. But it needed time. Something I’m really short on lately. I’m swearing off large builds for real. No seriously, i promise. I just want something to drive now that all my friends have nice cruisers. They’re actually at a car show right now without me.
Maybe you buy that, maybe you don’t, but it’s where we are.
Is that the same guy that bought a low mile, fairly original fox And shoved a blower and irs in it? :D

Reactions: hoopty5.0