Window will not go up

Black GT

Sep 8, 2018
Jacksonville, Florida
Today the passenger side window on my 2001 refused to go up. I have been having a off and on problem with it for about a month now. It started with it not going up with the passenger door switch once and awhile.It always has worked using the drivers switch until today. It make no noise at all, just will not move up. It will go down but not up. Today I tried to use a jumper wire at the switch and just ended up putting the window all the way down. I have power to 2 of the wires going to the switch. It is supposed to rain tomorrow so I ended up pulling the motor off the regulator, pulling the window up and reinstalling the motor so at least now its in the up position. Is it possible for the window motor to only work going down because the motor is bad? I thought if a motor was bad it would not go up or down. Anyone ever have this problem?

• Sponsors (?)

Well I am going to assume its the window motor is bad. I have power to both wires at the motor plug on the wiring harness when the switch is in the up-down positions.
I'm having the same issues with mine, new motor same issue. I've eliminated switches, and fuses as well. Im assuming there's a bad wire between the door and the gem, a bad gem, or whatever relay is in the trunk.

Reactions: 1 user
If you have power to the switch on the door the wiring going into the door should be good. I have not done anything to mine other than pull the motor off the regulator,pull up the window and reinstall the motor. I unplugged the wires going to the motor so I do not put it down by accident. Thank goodness its the passenger side window.