Wing install problem

SN95StangMan

Jul 5, 2003
Lynwood, CA
I was trying to bolt on an S351 wing that I bought las week but I ran into a little problem. When the bolts started to get tight, the actual metal part that the bolts go into started spinning and I couldnt get the wing tightened down. :notnice: Heres a pic of what I'm talking about, its a little blurry, but its the best I can do.
wing_005.jpg

What can I do to get the wing on? Any suggestions?
Oh yea, the wing looked real nice while I had it sitting on the car for a few minutes. :D

• Sponsors (?)

Mine does the same after its on there and I try to take it off to switch. I used JB Weld on it and let it cure for 24 hours and then installed it. Let it dry before you put it on or it will stick to the trunk.

i think thos e are inserts and if you try and put the bolt in of the car with a couple washers on it ansd tighten it up it should expand the insert and tighten it up , think of that part as being like a rivet that needs to be tightened to draw up . hope this helps .if not go with jr's idea and the jb weld .

saleen wings are junk, i have the s281 an they are made so crappy, they should have used studs in the wing that go through the deck lid and then you put nuts on like on our stock wings.

94SC50 said:
Mine does the same after its on there and I try to take it off to switch. I used JB Weld on it and let it cure for 24 hours and then installed it. Let it dry before you put it on or it will stick to the trunk.
So, I should put some JB weld around the outside of the insert where it makes contact with the fiberglass wing? I'll try that tomorrow. :flag: