• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

Winter Wheels

  • Thread starter Thread starter frankie_b11
  • Start date Start date Sep 28, 2008
F

frankie_b11

New Member
Sep 28, 2008
20
0
0
Sep 28, 2008
#1
  • Sep 28, 2008
  • #1
Hey everyone,
I am new to the forum and I thought I would ask a question. I hope it has not come up too many times.

I have a 06 GT with polished aluminum wheels. I live in MI and I ran those wheels and tires last winter. I have some minor chips and dings from it. I was wondering what other folks run in the winter if you drive your stang.

I was thinking either buy some cheap steel wheels in a 18 and use my tires or go with a set of 17 gt wheels with winter tires. I don't want to spend a fortune on wheels and tires though.

Thank you
 

ct07gt

Member
Feb 14, 2008
377
0
16
Sep 28, 2008
#2
  • Sep 28, 2008
  • #2
You might be able to find some pretty cheap take-offs on Ebay since so many people have them sitting around. I put mine on Ebay with tires included with zero miles on them and they only sold for $400. Wish I could've gotten more for them.
 

kooldawg6

mine works really well and can take a fair amount
Aug 31, 2006
1,679
2
38
Central VA
Sep 28, 2008
#3
  • Sep 28, 2008
  • #3
tirerack.com has the 18" silver painted Fanblades on clearance for $125 each.
 

SlideWRX

Member
Jan 8, 2007
126
1
16
Westland, MI
Oct 1, 2008
#4
  • Oct 1, 2008
  • #4
I run blizzacks on my stock 17's for winter. Finding some stock 17's on craigslist should be pretty easy. Actually, just went & checked, and two sets of stock 17's in the detroit metro area *re*posted (having a hard time selling?) posted in the last couple days. As for tires, even basic/cheap winter tires will handle the snow better than all-seasons.
 
R

ruffy

Member
Apr 10, 2003
314
0
16
Skopje, Macedonia
Oct 2, 2008
#5
  • Oct 2, 2008
  • #5
Same here, I use my stock rims for the winter and I bought a set of 18" chrome for the summer.
 

wusthof

Member
Nov 19, 2007
192
1
18
BC, Canada
Oct 2, 2008
#6
  • Oct 2, 2008
  • #6
or even pick up a set of steelies - not the best looking, but they're cheap @ approx. $40 a pop, and even pick up a set of used snowies. The handling sux, but a narrower, higher sidewall snow tire will perform better in the ice and snow. my .02
 
P

procharged2005

Banned
Aug 22, 2008
3
0
0
Oct 3, 2008
#7
  • Oct 3, 2008
  • #7
frankie_b11 said:
Hey everyone,
I am new to the forum and I thought I would ask a question. I hope it has not come up too many times.

I have a 06 GT with polished aluminum wheels. I live in MI and I ran those wheels and tires last winter. I have some minor chips and dings from it. I was wondering what other folks run in the winter if you drive your stang.

I was thinking either buy some cheap steel wheels in a 18 and use my tires or go with a set of 17 gt wheels with winter tires. I don't want to spend a fortune on wheels and tires though.

Thank you
Click to expand...

Welcome to the forums! I dont think I have posted on here yet myself.

I have a complete set of 17" wheels on Pirelli tires from a 2005 if you want them PM me. Nothing wrong with them...I just replaced them with Foose Wheels.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
393
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
343
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
G
First Car Forum... EVER.
  • Godless
  • Sep 9, 2025
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
2
Views
273
The Welcome Wagon Sep 9, 2025
General karthief
5
Hello Everyone !
  • 5150K
  • Jul 3, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
134
The Welcome Wagon Jul 3, 2026
5150K
5
Looking to Upgrade my 2000 GT Convertible Wheels
  • txcoqui
  • Aug 15, 2024
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
756
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 19, 2024
neverknowe
N
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?