Wiper motor test question 71-73

• Sponsors (?)

HHStang said:
anyone know what wire (s?) to put 12 v to and which to ground to test the motor? THANKS.

Well if I remember correctly, there are four wires. The female parts of the plug are power and the male parts should be the ground. I'm not sure if this is right since it's been a while since I looked at one. Also, hooking power to the one will make it spin one way and hooking it to the other would be the reverse. One of the ground wires is either white or yellow I believe (hard to tell because the wires were dirty) Hope this helps.

HHStang said:
Thanks 7d3mach, I looked in my Ford electric manual last night after I posted this and it has an illustration. You need to jump a couple of the pins fyi.
Just for my own edification, which wires do you jump. I was looking at the wiring diagram trying to figure out the answer, but those things always make my head spin.

make sure the motor is grounded--jump the black and white pins on the connector and hook the red pin to bat +. Either I have three bad motors or the car has some other issue. I haven't tried it, but I will tomorrow night. The book shows current draw tests too. Let me know if you want those.

HHStang said:
make sure the motor is grounded--jump the black and white pins on the connector and hook the red pin to bat +. Either I have three bad motors or the car has some other issue. I haven't tried it, but I will tomorrow night. The book shows current draw tests too. Let me know if you want those.

Well I don't know what my wiper motor is from then. Mine was nothing like that.