Wiper Motors?

GSXRMIXXER

Feb 13, 2006
I've seen many engine bays that are immaculate but the wiper motor is always overlooked and neglected. What have you guys done with yours if anything? I will post pics of mine that i'm completing tonight. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I should clean mine up I guess...It's the ugliest thing in my engine bay :(

yeah they all seem to be rusty too :mad: i sandblasted mine, hand sanded it smooth, pre-baked it at 450 degrees, powder coated it in single stage chrome and then baked it again at 450 for 8 mins then 400 for another 20 mins. it took awhile but was worth it. heres some more pics of the radiator support brackets and bumper brackets i did today.

powder.jpg

powder1.jpg

powder2.jpg

powder3.jpg

Attachments

• powder.jpg
    powder.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 75
  • powder1.jpg
    powder1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 63
  • powder2.jpg
    powder2.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 58
  • powder3.jpg
    powder3.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 53
Those radiator brackets are a pain. I stripped mine down and used some high temp paint on them. It lasts for a while, but then something chips it and here we go again. The last time before a show. I masked around it and just sprayed it on the car, no time to dissasemble and reassemble. Don't worry, I had it entirely masked off around and underneath.

I don't want chrome, but wonder how long chrome plated ones would last.

He might mean like what I did, chrome cover for the motor, and painted electrical housing. Tough to see in detail but you can see what i'm talking about:

2.jpg

I would've chromed the mounting bracket I ended up painting but i figured w/the firewall mirror it would all just run together too much. I like the breakup in that area as I have it. But w/o the mirror I would've done it nice:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 55
Cleaned the wiper motor and painted it...then installed a aftermarket chrome cover availble from 50resto....as you can see the motor is 'kept' incase it's needed but does not draw attention to itself while still fitting in with the 'theme' of the bay.

zeengine.jpg

Attachments

• zeengine.jpg
    zeengine.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 71
He might mean like what I did, chrome cover for the motor, and painted electrical housing. Tough to see in detail but you can see what i'm talking about:

2.jpg

I would've chromed the mounting bracket I ended up painting but i figured w/the firewall mirror it would all just run together too much. I like the breakup in that area as I have it. But w/o the mirror I would've done it nice:

oh ok i see. yours looks good. I did the bracket also just because it was another part for me to gain experience with the powder coat gun. looks good :nice:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 56
Daves car....better than good :) IMO.

ahh you know i meant it looks better than "just good" it looks great :flag:

i'm piecing my engine bay together one part at a time. i just finished my 5 lug conversion, hood, spoiler and new T-5. Now that i have the powder coating process down all my parts will look good soon.

I took mine apart, sprayed the aluminum silver then had the other parts bead blasted and powdercoated mirror black. I haven't gotten around to fixing the overspray from when I bought it a couple years ago. Maybe this spring . . .

attachment.php

Attachments

• powdercoat wiper motor 2.jpg
    powdercoat wiper motor 2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 135
sorry about my photoshop skills but whats this piece and did you polish it or chrome plate it? is it possible to completely break down in order for me to powder coat?

I took mine apart, sprayed the aluminum silver then had the other parts bead blasted and powdercoated mirror black. I haven't gotten around to fixing the overspray from when I bought it a couple years ago. Maybe this spring . . .

attachment.php

The gloss black powder is one of my favorites but i went with the chrome to see what it would look like. maybe i will do the next one black hmmm....

sorry about my photoshop skills but whats this piece and did you polish it or chrome plate it? is it possible to completely break down in order for me to powder coat?

The other guy was right, it's the IAC valve and I polished it.

You can powdercoat them. The two parts are just held together with two little Phillips-head screws. Just cover the openings and coat it. I've seen lots of people who have done that or painted them.