Engine Wire Coming Off Coil With Another Port Unplugged.(pics Included) New Bucking Problem. No Codes

Vinnyd121

Jul 13, 2016
Las vegas
I'm having another issue...... this car just won't leave me alone. Had it for 4 years and now it's giving me :poo:. When it gets hot (around the M on The normal coolant guage) it'll buck and a very slight misfire not any where as bad as it was but it's un-driveable when it's hot. I can see the tach bouncing around when it's bucking/jerking. Also have a wire crimped tk my coil wire. And there's another one unplugged that I can't seem to figure out where it goes unless it's another diagnostic port.

• Sponsors (?)

20160826_133726.jpg
20160826_133752.jpg

What is the wire color and stripe color?

If is a gray connector with a white wire with a red stripe, it is the STI input used when dumping codes.

attachment.php?attachmentid=58312&stc=1&d=1242744354%20.gif

Last edited:
That black thing with the 9H30 part number. It's loose as hell
Thats the distributor pickup. Inexpensive at advanced auto. The distributor has to come apart but its not rocket science. You have to take the gear off the bottom....then the whole shaft slides out the top with the window ring attached. That part controls the fuel injectors.

I've rebuilt a lot of them over the years....especially MSD distributors. They'd get moisture in them and turn the pickup to a white fuzzy corroded mess. I just rebuilt one a couple months ago.