Wire connector tool

limp

wrap a little cheese around it and its a done
Oct 4, 2020
Florida
Has anyone had any luck using a tool like this or one like it?? Having a heck of a time disconnecting the harness connectors in my kick panel trying to remove my dash...
1656676187933.png

• Sponsors (?)

Ive had that first tool for close to 20yrs and it's only helped once or twice...

Not saying this applies to you but, 1 thing a lot of people don't know or over look... If the retainer tab is split you PUSH down... If it's solid you LIFT up...

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
Ive had that first tool for close to 20yrs and it's only helped once or twice...

Not saying this applies to you but, 1 thing a lot of people don't know or over look... If the retainer tab is split you PUSH down... If it's solid you LIFT up...
Mine mostly seem to be the retainer tab has a slot in the middle that snaps over the "hump".... Pretty sure I need to lift the retainer tab to go OVER the hump..
But, YES, your comment could apply to me...... LOL

I would think one needs TWO of the first tools... One on each side to lift the retainer tab, so one can to pull the connector apart??
These connectors have been on for 38 years so I guess they should be a bit stuck......

I've had the second tools for years. Never could figure 'em out! I also use two tiny screwdrivers, one on each side. Don't pry too hard or the 30 year old tabs will break (been there, done that)!

The second tools look like candidates for the " never use again drawer"......
Thats why I stopped the other day as i was thinking a Big Fkn Hammer was going to come out...... The Florida heat and humidity does not make it any easier..

Wail, a little cooler weather, some small screwdrivers and some PATIENCE, using the advice on here and we have success....

Thanks all.....

My goal for the day ( before it got to hot here in Florida) was to try and get the electrical connectors disconnected.....
Sheet man, I must of had my wheaties this morning....... Look what happened..
DSCF1043.JPG
DSCF1044.JPG
DSCF1045.JPG

• Wow