Wire Rats Nest In North Carolina. Need Help.

Hey everyone, I got a bit of a wiring issue with my 87 notch turn signals. Pretty new to mustangs, was wondering if there is anyone in the fayetteville/fort bragg area that could give me a hand. I'll supply the beer if you are of legal age and if not... you'll get pepsi. Anyone that can help me sort this out I appreciate it.

• Sponsors (?)

It's probably gonna take more than beer to get anyone to help you unless you know /have a better idea of whats going on yourself Tom. Around here, jrichker is your best bet w/ electrical issues,...but you're going to have to get out the strippers and solder if you intend to fix it.

A better, detailed description of what exactly is going on in the first place would be the place to start.

It's probably gonna take more than beer to get anyone to help you unless you know /have a better idea of whats going on yourself Tom. Around here, jrichker is your best bet w/ electrical issues,...but you're going to have to get out the strippers and solder if you intend to fix it.

A better, detailed description of what exactly is going on in the first place would be the place to start.
I apologize for the vagueness of the post it was very quick done. The wiring is all there but my turn signals didn't work so I went to investigate. Upon further inspection my flasher relay for the turns is in the right place but there is no connecter attached or loose or nearby from it. I started tracing the wire from the fuse panel but it goes up into the dash. I haven't take the whole dash out yet to keep looking. I dont think its a super big issue thats gonna cause headache for anyone that helps out.

I just think it'd help out alot to have someone that is better versed in mustangs there to help me solve this problem and possibly fix anything else we come across. Again, any help is appreciated. I also have no problems throwing a couple bones to someone for helping out.

Sorry I didn't see your post sooner. Here's what I can supply to help...

The turn signal flasher is not mounted on the front of the fuse panel. The flasher on the front of the fuse panel is a separate one for the hazard lights. The turn signal flasher is in one of several places, depending on when your car was made. Some are behind the fuse panel on the back side, others are behind the radio and some are behind the glove box.

Other possible problem sources for the turn signal malfunction are the ignition switch, multifunction switch and the plastic shell that holds the turn signal wiring connector pins.

A word of caution about multifunction switches is in order here. The multifunction switch (high/low beam, wiper, turn signals) are different for different years. 87-89 will work in any 87-89 car. The 90-93 switches only work in 90-93 cars. You can't put an early model switch in a late model car, nor can you put a late model switch in an early car.

Supposedly you can move the pins around to make the switches work in model years that are different from the car the switch came out of. I cannot verify that and haven’t tried it .

The following diagram is for 87-89 model cars.

Turn signal switch wiring:
attachment.php

You need to fix the typo in your post that says 87-98. IIRC I have seen you post this before and you must copy and paste because it was there in a different post, too. Anyway, it is a little confusing and I just don't want anyone to half ass read it and go grab a multi-function out of an SN95 thinking they are the same.

Since this is the internet, I want to be clear that this isn't an attack post or anything, just trying to point out a typo so you can fix it for next time.

I'm in the Bragg/Pope area, but I wouldn't be of too much help wiht the wiring. Just follow jrichkers post and you should do well. I'l be in the area the next couple of years so hit me up if you wanna get together or have any other questions.

Well, I am attempting to follow the wiring having a bit of difficulty. I have managed to get my hazard switch to turn on my rear hazards still nothing in the front and still no turn signals. Wondering if my multifunction switch is bad because my wipers only work on the high setting and the brights work. Anyone thinking it might be the switch?

You need to fix the typo in your post that says 87-98. IIRC I have seen you post this before and you must copy and paste because it was there in a different post, too. Anyway, it is a little confusing and I just don't want anyone to half ass read it and go grab a multi-function out of an SN95 thinking they are the same.

Since this is the internet, I want to be clear that this isn't an attack post or anything, just trying to point out a typo so you can fix it for next time.

Thank you for the heads up.I do make typo's occasionally, and rely on Spell check to catch most of them. This was one that Spell check could not find: I will fix it.

Reactions: 1 user