Wiring diagram conflict--which do I believe?

jgonz727

Oct 17, 2006
I need to find a home for these two wires from the green connector near the EEC (computer). According to this diagram from Fordfuelinjection.com, the two wires I'm referring to are the ones that go to the VSS, both + (G/BK) and - (PK/O). However, when I reference my Haynes Mustang Electrical Diagram, that G/BK (which Haynes describes as BK/W) wire goes to the clutch switch on a 2.3, but it has nothing about where it goes on a 5.0---as if the 5.0 does not need it. The PK/O (which Haynes describes as R) goes to the fuel pump inertia switch.

So which is right?!?! I need to know because I think it's keeping my car from running as it should....This is driving me:mad: !!!

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• harness03.gif
    harness03.gif
    5.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Sponsors (?)

I didn't see you mention a year for the harness being used. It will help.

Here's one of Tom's diagrams which might help. It's for a '91-'93 harness.

Here's the '88-'91 diagram.

I'd guess the latter harness (first link) is the one you have, and it looks like it is congruent with the FFI diagram if I'm reading things right at this late hour.

Good luck.

A disconnected VSS switch may cause idle & cruse control problems, but has little effect on performance.

No info about your car's model year. Therefore no clue as to which wiring diagram you need. The wiring changed several times between 79 & 95

That's why it is a good idea to use the sig under the user control panel (User CP) option. It allows you to post your car year & mods, which help greatly when troubleshooting things. No, it is not there for us to snoop and see any "Secrets" you have hidden away under the hood. Be a good stangnetter and update you sig for future reference & don't keep us guessing.

Thanks guys for the responses. I must apologize for the incomplete information--I'm a rookie here:chair: This harness I got from a 1988 thru 1993 mustang (based on body style) at the salvage yard, and I didn't realize that there were differences in them from year to year. So I don't know what specific year this harness is from, but it is a Mass Air EEC. I've added a couple of pictures of the connector I'm referring to. As you can see in the pics, it's just above the EEC connector and holds up to 8 wires. I only have the Check Engine Light, HEGO power and the fuel pump wired in right now. But since I am having idle problems I thought it may be due to these other missing wires.

Hissing50, I've looked at both wiring diagrams you linked but I don't see the connector on there. Although, you may be better at reading them than I (even at the late hour).

Poopdawg, I would really appreciate a diagram if you can figure out what year diagram applies to me.

Thanks fellas.:nice:

Attachments

• DCP_1369a.JPG
    DCP_1369a.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 59
jgonz727 said:
Hissing50, I've looked at both wiring diagrams you linked but I don't see the connector on there. Although, you may be better at reading them than I (even at the late hour).
In the first diagram I linked to, look at the lower left corner (pins 3 and 6).

In the second diagram, look in the upper right corner for the actual VSS (and it's the same same pin numbers, if you trace the numbers).

Good luck.