Wiring Help Needed!

Hello All,
I am nearing completion of restoration of a 1968 Mustang Fastback. The PO cut the wires running down the passenger side of the car to the trunk area. I found remnants of a harness elsewhere in the car (disconnected) that I THINK is the missing part but I need to be sure. The remnant consists of two wires. The first is either light yellow or white and I think it is the fuel level connection. The other wire is black with a white or blue stripe and I think it is a connection to the courtesy lights from which the trunk light receives it's power. I would appreciate it if someone could confirm that the wires are what I think they are. I have studied the wiring diagrams and can find no reference to the wire going back to the fuel level sending unit. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Black with blue IS a courtesy light color code and yellow IS a fuel level color code so as long as your brake lights are still wired (probly down the drivers side) then I think you've got it.

Don't mean to bring up and old feed, but wondering if you figured out the yellow wire with the white stripe on the passenger side? I also thought it was for the fuel sending unit, but the more I read about the sending unit it looks like it comes down the drivers side and crosses over the tank and through the grommet on the passenger side.

Appreciate your help.

Hello All,
I am nearing completion of restoration of a 1968 Mustang Fastback. The PO cut the wires running down the passenger side of the car to the trunk area. I found remnants of a harness elsewhere in the car (disconnected) that I THINK is the missing part but I need to be sure. The remnant consists of two wires. The first is either light yellow or white and I think it is the fuel level connection. The other wire is black with a white or blue stripe and I think it is a connection to the courtesy lights from which the trunk light receives it's power. I would appreciate it if someone could confirm that the wires are what I think they are. I have studied the wiring diagrams and can find no reference to the wire going back to the fuel level sending unit. Thanks in advance.

Don't mean to bring up and old feed, but wondering if you figured out the yellow wire with the white stripe on the passenger side? I also thought it was for the fuel sending unit, but the more I read about the sending unit it looks like it comes down the drivers side and crosses over the tank and through the grommet on the passenger side.

Appreciate your help.

That is how the sender wiring is routed(no clue why) but it is the sender wiring for sure...people often cut it because the grommet is attached to the wires and is a real bear to pull and push through the area below the sill plates if removing or installing a harness.