Wiring, where to find red with green stripe... and the like ?

Rusty67

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Dec 3, 2002
Seattle area, WA
Ok, I asked this question some time ago and I'm wondering if anyone has found a source for this stuff ? Does anyone know where I can get wiring in different gauges with non-standard colours on them ? I hate wiring stuff up with red, black, yellow and the occasional blue. I'd love to be able to make a harness that has that OEM look or even repair an OEM harness with the correct colour and gauge wire. I love my car hobby (addiction...), the only problem with it is that some times I can't find what I want to do what I want to do it MY way (I can stop any time I want). I know life can't always be like Burger King, but I figure this wouldn't be an item that should be so hard to find (I just don't want to).

• Sponsors (?)

I know exactly what you mean...When i was rewiring my car I wanted to eliminate as much possibility of short circuiting as possible so i wanted to buy new connectors that would fit the same as the old ones...I searched for days, going to 20 different electronics shops searching for those connectors, I was never able to find them. They're called Female disconnects but the ones i'm looking for have the tab at the end so they lock into place.

As for your wire question, I'm not 100% sure but I do believe that they do sell those kind of wires. At one of the electronics shops, I showed them this one green-white wire and they were like do you need that wire? and he was going to a part of the store but then i said no i just need the same gauge wire. I didn't sweat the colors because the new harness has its wires labeled every 10 inches or so.

Since you're in LA you can try calling them i guess: the store was Electronic City, in Burbank