Drivetrain Worn Out Clutch Cable Or...?

antknee

Jul 18, 2011
Hey guys.. July I had a new clutch cable, quadrant, and adjuster installed because after an engine swap the car was shifting really bad once I got it back from the shop- job was free an we parted ways due to him getting offended that I questioned the quality of his work.. Sent me a huge text about what was supposedly wrong.. I can attach if needed. Anyway the pedal had been squeaking off and on for the past two weeks.. And the car would go from shifting mostly normal to almost impossible. This morning I depressed the clutch, heard a loud noise but was able to drive to work.. The pedal felt closer to the floor. I drove home at lunch and it was very hard to get it into gear- it was almost impossible to leave the parking lot afterwards.. I just couldn't get it into hear. I can run the fears easily when the car is off.. Just damn near impossible when it's on.. It doesn't feel like the TOB.. That crashed and replaced two yrs ago.. I've hear it could be a busted of stretched cable? True? Sorry this was so long..

• Sponsors (?)