would this motor be worth the money...

carbed87

Jun 5, 2005
i've been emailing this guy back and fourth and this is what i think it's come down to. the shortblocl for $250, or this: (my latest email from him)

motor has 96k on and great compression. the GT40X303 heads are a 64cc so it will lower compression down to about 8.5 or something like that i think. so its great for a blower. the cam is designed for a turbo so that wont do u any good. intakes are basic gt40/cobra/explorer. they are great if you port the lower (i know a guy). so i would sell you a long block. heads, and shortblock. i just installed new lifters and timing chain. you will also get the hardened pushrods and roller rockers. i will keep the cam. lets say $1200 for the long block $1300 if you want the intakes. as always open to offers.

i know i've been abusing the tits out of the new thread button, but either way, a motor is going in the notch soon here, so i need to start making some moves when im back in colorado. thanks for any input guys...

oh, and p.s., i'm kinda sketchy on paying over a g for a used motor, but maybe you guys know something i dont:shrug:

thanks again

• Sponsors (?)

it's an e6... i.e., e6 heads, crappy pistons, so on and so forth... and plus, i have a little over a grand saved up now and im sure as hell not buying another s/c lol (at least not on this motor)

8950HO said:
:OT:

Just wondering how that 91 SC Trans Am you traded for is holding up these days?
(if you know):shrug:

Any regrets trading at this point?

lol, someone actually remembered:nice: . and no, it's not holding up at all. it was getting blowby, so my buddie jer took the s/c off and now he's going to ebay the charger and is selling the t/a for $3000 advertising it as "running rough". honestly though, $2500 (his bottom dollar) is a damn good deal for a down right immaculate and 100% fully documented 350tpi t/a....blown motor or no blown motor..... i loved that car, but not as much as foxes...

carbed87 said:
it's an e6... i.e., e6 heads, crappy pistons, so on and so forth... and plus, i have a little over a grand saved up now and im sure as hell not buying another s/c lol (at least not on this motor)

ok well make your money go farther and do this.

look around for a 97 or so explorer(sp?) motor and you can say...

"MOM IM GOING FAST"

way too much money.
not to mention I wouldnt buy from a person, who lists the deal as including:
a shortblock, heads, and a longblock.

And says that the 64cc chambers lower compression to like 8.5:1cp I think.

Explorer long block:
new rings, bearings, conn. rod bolts, oil pump, f cam with RR's and a little head work (milled, ported/polished and lower intake port matched) could be done for 1000 if you do the work yourself (minus the head work).

slow95gt said:
You can get a 5.0 exploder engineo for $150 at teh pic n pulller.
that's where I got mine ::D
if you find on there, pounce on it quick. I went home to get my tools and a bunch of guys were sizing it up to take it. I said not today buddy and proceeded to yank that biotch out of there.