Wrecked Cobra Value?

I have a 2003 dsg cobra that was totalled yesterday... It was the most heartbreaking day of my life. All stock with 44k was a garage kept close to flawless cobra. The interior is still perfect but the damage was done to driver door, floorpan, driver rear qtr panel, front and rear bumper covers, and some surface scratches in various other places.

How much is it worth?

• Sponsors (?)

It depends. It is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it - times are tough right now, car values (along with everything else) have fallen.

What is your insurance company saying about it? Has the appraiser looked at it already? :shrug:

The drivetrain itself (as long as it is intact) will fetch a pretty penny though...

Hey we should go bowling. I just totalled my 2004 SVT Cobra in the rain going 50mph and hydroplaned coming home from work 2 weeks ago. I walked away, the car did not. Its totalled. Only body damage (all around) and the 1 axle and knuckle broke on the rear. (damn level 5 axel half shafts are expensive, only 1 good one left now) :(

But the insurance said my 04 SVT with 32000 miles was worth $24,750. I have 3 people already interested in buying the car for between $6,000 and $10,000 at 1st guestimates. So I'm going to wait on the final word of it being totalled from insurance....then see what the buy back is. I had a lot of money in that drivetrain.

....sucks....

glad you're ok though! Its just a car, it can be replaced.

Wow threes a charm. I just wrecked my 03 on the 24th of April. Getting $25k for it from other guys insurance. Also wanting to buy mine back to sell it as a whole. We are like the three amigos with our wrecked termis.:rlaugh:

:( Sorry for all your losses. I just wrecked my 95 GTS last night due to hydroplaning, and it killed me, although all I suffered was one snapped axle shaft, and my rear end's getting rebuilt with much better parts. I havn't even owned it a month yet, so it was tough seeing her undriveable. I hope everything works out for the OP! :nice: Termis are gorgeous cars.

Damn, sucks about all the cobra's getting wrecked. What sucks even more is that none of you are from Florida.

I SO want to drop a 03/04 cobra engine/trans in my 89 someday. If any of ya want to PM me a price, it couldn't hurt.

Wanting to know I have a 96 mystic with 40,xxx miles no mods how is it worth

It's worth what someone would pay. Economy sucks right now. The good thing you have going is you have a stock car with low miles. Stock cars are easier to sell than modded cars that's for sure. I got lucky with a couple modded cars I've sold, but others have given me trouble.