Wrecked Mustang - Quick Question

May 20, 2005
Arkansas
So, as you can tell based on the title my 02 Mustang is now wrecked. F350 ran a stop sign and I had no time to do anything. :cry:

Now to get to my question: What is considered the "front clip" on these cars?

I was told it would need to be replaced & it's been over 10 years since I worked at a body shop, so I can't recall what all that includes. I've included pics of the wrecked car for reference.

image.jpg
image.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Unfortunatley i know a bit about this ( i've had 8-9ish.. 99-04 GT's ).. I was hit twice both times front end ( second one really similar to your car ). You'll need 1) whole new radiator core support ( aftermarket cheap $50-$70 ), 2) headlight mounting panel header ( aftermarket cheap $40-$60 ), 3) front bumper reinforcement bar support bracket, 4) radiator support panel brackets both rite and left sides,5) looks like some pretty substantial uni-body work where the chop off the front uni-body/frame core support and find a wrecked mustang at a wrecking yard and cut off the good one and weld it, etc on to your car ( especially in that pic of the drivers side fender where u can see the inner fender uni-body core 6) and finally the obvious new gt style hood, headlights, fog lights, front bumper, possibly new radiator ( can't obviously see it ), possibly some suspension part as well, by looking at the way the pass fender is pushed back and up most likely some time on the frame puller machine, and probably other small odds and ends certain types screws, brackets, new headlight/fog light wiring and bulbs, hood hinges, etc.. There's porbably a few other things but without really seeing it in person it's too hard to be spot on. They may just total it out if the damage cost exceed Kelly blue book value on it. Good luck bro!!.. I hope they can fix it and not only fix it but fix it to where it drove pre-wreck!. Keep us posted on how it goes. Cheers!! :)

I have done several Fox Mustang front end collision repair back in the day. coletrickle46 is right you will need everything he listed. Usually when someone brought me a car this bad I would tell them they were better off finding another GT like a roller chassis or something of that nature and swapping all their stuff over. The biggest problem you have is the uni-frame where the fenders bolt up to is pretty bad. It's not going to be easy to straighten those out and will probley never be perfect. You will need some fender aprons and after they are spot welded back in the factory holes I would go ahead and fully weld them, Good thing about the SN cars is that they are a bit more forgiving when you reassemble the front end than the Fox Mustangs were.

You may want to gig the guy that ran the stop sign for as much money as possible and find another New Edge. If he had insurance the ball is totally in your court.

These kinda things always suck and it's good when no one is seriously hurt. I wish you luck on this.

Reactions: 1 user
Update on the car: it is totaled out and I'll be negotiating a settlement next week with the other guys insurance.

I've got my eyes on a few 2013-2014 GT/CS, all in white. Sad to see my car go, but I'm excited about the new opportunity.

Well, I picked up the "new" car last night. 2013 GT/CS; 6-spd manual, 7,394 miles.. Completely bone stock. Absolutely love this thing!!

Attachments

• At Dealership.jpg
    At Dealership.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 279
  • At Gas Station.jpg
    At Gas Station.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 225
  • Copilot.jpg
    Copilot.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 225
Sweet Fawkn ride bro!!.. I think you def upgraded just a lil bit haha. Congrats brotha and happy it got resolved so quickly and they did rite by you bro! Sweet ride again!.. I might have to barrow it sumtime lol haha. Take care of her and watch out for idiots on the road. Man i'm super happy and that's just freakin awesome everything about the new ride!! Take care and you know what time it is rite??.. Modding time!! Keep us posted brotha : ) Think i'm feeling full x-haust longtubes, x-pipe, and i know for those coyote motors anything by Pypes $400-$600, Flowmaster $700-$900, Roush ?, MBRP $400-$600, Bassani $800-$1000 Stainless works can be kinda $ but i have seen online for between $650-$800 and that Catback sounds sweet as well sounds fawkin narley!! Couple of my buddies have the 11-14 5.0's and i know Ford Racing, JBA (I love JBA X-haust stuff but they are major $1100-1500ish.... These are for the FULL Catback kit/systems, NOT just the Axelback muffler kits ( I can never really tell huge difference over stock by going with just the Axelback kits ( swapping mufflers GAY! ) it's def worth the xtra $300-$600 to get the FULL Catback kit!! Just a heads up checkout Latemodelrestoration.com they have really good deals on everything better than Americanmuscle.com. AM used too be reasonable but in the last couple years they have spiked $'s big time!.. Latemodel has a JBA catback kit for $679, MBRP Catbacks in the $500's depending on what finish you want, etc.. Lemme know! :)

Cheers!! :)

Thanks!! I would like to (at some point) throw on some gears, headers/x-pipe, and springs but it'll be a while. Right now I'm living off a grad student stipend & it's got a 10-year/100k mile warranty, so it'll be a while before it gets any mods on it.

Sweet! Gotta do whatcha atta do!.. Take full advantage if the 10 yr/100k and you can drive her how a V8 Mustang should be driven of course after break in miles period is over and then it's BALLS TOO THE WALL!!.. GET OUTCH MY WAY CERTIFIED PIMP IN BAD AZZ GT/CS EDITION MUSTANG COMING THRU RICERS AND POSERS MOVE TO THE SIDE PLEEZ!! LOL.. Now being back to my Canadian white boy/guy ol self again Congrats on the new ride brotha!!. enjoy it and have fun but be smart and safe! :). Oh, and Thanks for the " like " bro much appreciated!