wrecked the stang yesterday

Mac-man

Nov 7, 2003
south texas
well it finally happened, i wrecked the stang. i was going out of town to possibly work a deal on another mustang to add to the stable, and while on the highway some lady in an SUV from another lane just jumped over into my lane then slammed on her brakes, out of nowhere...nuthing was even in frton of her, but nevertheless i couldnt get braked in time but managed to get the car turned at a slight angle to get partially off into the shoulder and avoid a full frontal collision. the damage is as follows : broken headlight/corner lense, bumper is cracked, fender has to be replace, the hood is cracked somewhat, and the header panel is broken. after disassembling everything i have found the frame to still be very straight and i cant see anything that looks scrunched up. anyways i am thinking of putting the 03 cobra front bumper and 03 cobra hood or possibly a 4" cobra R hood on the car. this is the perfect excuse for the fiance as to why i need to buy those parts. what u guys think of this bumper/hood configuration?

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds a lot like the condition my car was in when I bought it. Check where the lower radiator support comes across, and is connected to the butt end of the frame for cracks. Did it screw up the insert where the steel bumper bolts to the end of the frame? I had to weld mine back on. Airbag deploy? Sorry to hear about it, but it doesn't sound too bad atleast.
Brandon

the air bag didnt deploy, and the actual bumper insert doesnt even look touched. i looked all over for something to be pushed out or busted up frame wise, but cant find anything, i am going to have a friend of mine who works for fords body shop come give me the ok, before i try and put ti back together in case something needs to be addressed beforehand.

Sorry to hear that man. Just be glad you DID swerve to the side. A full frontal collision would have triggered the bags .... and we all know that would be a mess! Yeah, good excuse to get what you want, though.