wtb 2011 base mustang

helpmebuyan11v6

Sep 30, 2010
Hi, I have been blown away by the value of the 2011 mustang. I did some searches on carsdirect.com and they say the "target" price is MSRP.

none of the dealerships I contacted would give me a quote. One or two quoted me at MSRP. they all tell me to come in and "discuss" it. I live about 80 miles from the closest dealership so I can't just waste a day to go in and look without a concrete price quote or having any insider information.

I want a base model with automatic. pref race red or grabber blue and none of my dealerships stock these models. Do I have to order it?

What kind of $$$ are you guys paying for this car? Also is the 2011 mustang automatic a quality transmission?

I also looked into 2010 GTs but they are still very expensive and unjustified because of the enormous performance boost of the 2011 v6. I don't know how they expect to sell all those 09s and '10 mustangs with those under performing engines and outdated interiors and high asking prices. I realize the 05-08 are somewhat affordable ($10-15k price range) so those may remain unaffected but what are dealerships doing to liquidate their post lease 09s and 2010 trade ins?

thanks,
Dan.

• Sponsors (?)

the 2010 is identical to the 11 minus the powertrain. No **** the 5.0 runs circles around the 4.6, but there really is no basis to call the 2010 4.6 which makes 315 hp 320 lb/ft of tq under powered. I understand that the new coyote engine is awesome, but the fan boy band wagon mentality of some people in this forum lately is friggin rediculous. Its as if we are talking about the 215 hp non pi 4.6. ANYTHING that produces 300 plus hp and is just a tune, cat back, and cai away from 330 340 hp is impressive to me. Maybe im easily impressed becuase this is my first non pushrod mustang but anything that 1 is putting out over 300 hp stock and 2 can be had for under 30k in my book cannot be called underpowered

lol i dunno when a sedan like the v6 accord/altima produce 270hp and start in the mid $20s and genesis coupe has 312hp for $26 grand and a g37 sedan has 330hp and starts in the low 30s (with luxury amenities) an iconic "muscle/sports car" V8 that produces 315hp is laughable and outdated to say the least.

btw output after modding a car doesn't count since any car can be modded to go faster.

i would have never considered a mustang until this redesign. I would have probably gone with the g37 coupe or the genesis coupe 3.8 (or even the camaro for that matter)

Base '11 Mustang V6 Coupe with automatic transmission pricing....

$23,990 = MSRP per Ford.
$23,327 = Factory Invoice Total per Ford.

You should be able to find a dealer willing to order one for close to the invoice total. For example, the dealership I work at is special ordering 2011 Mustang V6's, GT's, and GT/CS's for just $99 over the factory invoice total, so a base V6 coupe with automatic would be $23,426 from us. Take the $1,000 factory rebate and it's down to $22,426. I would think this deal could be matched (or bettered) at many dealers around the country.

thanks for the info, but could you tell me your dealerships holdbacks or manufacturer incentives?

the $1000 rebate ended yesterday I believe, so now I have to haggle harder or wait until the next incentives. Paying $99 over "invoice" is basically like paying MSRP.

I read guys saying they pay $20,000+++ or $28,000+++ for a base GT.

I did all my negotiation via email. I refuse to talk to a salesman until I get my price. Only, then, do I call to thank him for the great price and setting up the next step in the process...

Paid $24K for my 2010 GT w/ AT back in May. Would luv to have the 2011 GT 5.0 w/ AT but not for
$31-33K. Gotta get what you want with the exception of what you can afford : ) I could afford the 2010 GT but not the 2011 GT. Discounted 2010 GT v Overpriced 2011 GT. When I get another $4K to spend and the 36K mi warrant is up, I hope to take mine up to Brenspeed for a supercharger...

nice man the 2010s are probably all sold out by now so i have no choice.

i'd take the 2010 gt over the 2011 base model ONLY if it's the same price, but if a 2011 base can be had for $20 grand and a '10 GT for $24 grand it may still not be worth it.

Base '11 Mustang V6 Coupe with automatic transmission pricing....

$23,990 = MSRP per Ford.
$23,327 = Factory Invoice Total per Ford.

You should be able to find a dealer willing to order one for close to the invoice total. For example, the dealership I work at is special ordering 2011 Mustang V6's, GT's, and GT/CS's for just $99 over the factory invoice total, so a base V6 coupe with automatic would be $23,426 from us. Take the $1,000 factory rebate and it's down to $22,426. I would think this deal could be matched (or bettered) at many dealers around the country.

i think i speak for everyone here when i say i love you.

nice man the 2010s are probably all sold out by now so i have no choice.

i'd take the 2010 gt over the 2011 base model ONLY if it's the same price, but if a 2011 base can be had for $20 grand and a '10 GT for $24 grand it may still not be worth it.

2010 GT's are still out there, and you can get a lot more for your money.
I got my 2010 GT premium for $27.5K OTD. A base 11 v6 was $23K the permium was $26-$27K, so I got much more for my money, and if I want to add power adders later, I'll have more room to grow in the 4.6L.
The biggest thing that put me off to the 11 was the transmission. 1. Made in China. SCREW THAT.
2. Reverse is in a stupid location.

In my experience they weren't really willing to go much below the MSRP when they had their $1000 factory rebate going on but now that it has ended, they may be willing to haggle a bit more, or it could be the exact opposite.

I would say just talk to different sales people and see what they can do. Finding the right person is really half the battle. Good luck getting into the mustang; you won't be disappointed!