XCal 2 expectations

Tim2002GT

Founding Member
Apr 10, 2002
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I just purchased an XCal 2 for my 2002 GT. I only have a drop-in K&N, an off road MAC prochamber midpipe, and a Bassani catback. I ordered the gear kit from americanmuscle.com with the 4.10 gearset, so I know what to expect from that. But what kind of gain should I expect to see with a 91 octane tune? a 93 octane tune?

• Sponsors (?)

I just purchased an XCal 2 for my 2002 GT. I only have a drop-in K&N, an off road MAC prochamber midpipe, and a Bassani catback. I ordered the gear kit from americanmuscle.com with the 4.10 gearset, so I know what to expect from that. But what kind of gain should I expect to see with a 91 octane tune? a 93 octane tune?

Im actually interested in this too..but from what ive heard..like 10-15 hp...more with a dyno tune of course.

I just got an Xcal2 last week. I bought it from MPH and Tim set the tune. Let me tell you there is a night and day difference. Feels like a different car and pulls hard. I'm guessing about 20+ hp gain with the 93 Octane custom tune. I would recommend getting it from MPH. It is well worth the money.

Keep in mind not everyone will see the same results. The main variance is where you buy the xcal from as they are the tuners. You will see more gains buying it from MPH than American Muscle as MPH has alot more experience and specialize in tuning rather than an online parts warehouse.

Keep in mind not everyone will see the same results. The main variance is where you buy the xcal from as they are the tuners. You will see more gains buying it from MPH than American Muscle as MPH has alot more experience and specialize in tuning rather than an online parts warehouse.

Good point! The reason I ordered it from american muscle was that it was a gear and tuner kit. I got the FRPP4.10's, lube, and tuner(2 tunes) for $540 shipped! Once I receive my tuner, can I then purchase a tune from MPH?

I bought a used Diablosport from a guy who origionally bought it off RPM Outlet and let me tell you, I cannot feel a damned difference at all. Maybe a little when I went in a bumped the timing. Now its either waiting for a dyno tune with it, and in the mean time its keeping my CEL off from my exhaust and letting me mess with the timing and fuel a little bit.

If I were to do it over again id go SCT from MPH.

yes no matter what tuner you have you can always have another shop make you a mail order, but it's gonna cost more than if you had just bought the parts separate and then got the handheld from the tuner of your choice.

I bought a used Diablosport from a guy who origionally bought it off RPM Outlet and let me tell you, I cannot feel a damned difference at all. Maybe a little when I went in a bumped the timing. Now its either waiting for a dyno tune with it, and in the mean time its keeping my CEL off from my exhaust and letting me mess with the timing and fuel a little bit.

If I were to do it over again id go SCT from MPH.

I'm assuming you don't have a custom tune on it, thus not feeling the difference. Even if some jackass did a custom tune for you, you would have felt it (good or bad).

For me, the mail order I got works fine, but I'm glad Tim does Diablo now though, I was gonna sell it and get SCT just because I wanted his tune.

I'm assuming you don't have a custom tune on it, thus not feeling the difference. Even if some jackass did a custom tune for you, you would have felt it (good or bad).

For me, the mail order I got works fine, but I'm glad Tim does Diablo now though, I was gonna sell it and get SCT just because I wanted his tune.

It just has a canned tune from RPM Outlet. Im not putting much faith in their tuning abilities...:)

do you mean Tim does custom tunes with diablo? I know he sells diablo but i didnt know that he tunes with it now. I was also getting ready to sell my diablo for an sct just so Tim can tune my car.