• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Yet another lowering spring question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jesus
  • Start date Start date Oct 30, 2005

Jesus

Banned
May 13, 2003
267
0
0
Woodland Hills, CA
Oct 30, 2005
#1
  • Oct 30, 2005
  • #1
Hi Guys,

I have searched for all the lowering spring posts, and got a lot of information. I thought I wanted the H&R Super Sports, but now Im worried that they may lower the car too much. What I want to avoid is rubbing and bottoming out, but at the same time I want springs that will give a noticeable drop when compared to stock and will also improve handling. So, I guess what I am asking is what is the best all around lowering spring for a 2003 GT. Keep in mind that I am running 275/40's up front and 315/35's out back.

Thanks,
 

Fast02

New Member
Sep 29, 2004
239
0
0
Oct 30, 2005
#2
  • Oct 30, 2005
  • #2
I dont think you will rub with any drop. And if you're concerned with bottoming out then maybe you dont drive on the best roads...so a drop isnt for you.
 

helty

some Ukrainian's enjoying a handjob via my credit
Mar 30, 2005
1,461
1
39
Baltimore, MD
Oct 30, 2005
#3
  • Oct 30, 2005
  • #3
H&R Sports give you a noticeable drop. 1.6" and 1.5". the eibach pro-kit will look nice as well
 

03MGT

New Member
May 30, 2005
199
0
0
Oct 30, 2005
#4
  • Oct 30, 2005
  • #4
I wouldnt go with anything less than a 2inch drop. Mustangs come way to high stock and look like ****. With a 2 inch drop there will still be plenty of room between the fender and the wheel.
 

ToplessStang

Member
Mar 7, 2004
591
0
17
Montreal, Canada
Oct 30, 2005
#5
  • Oct 30, 2005
  • #5
03MGT said:
I wouldnt go with anything less than a 2inch drop. Mustangs come way to high stock and look like ****. With a 2 inch drop there will still be plenty of room between the fender and the wheel.
Click to expand...


I agree. This is the gap after H&R SS with prothane isolaters.

View attachment 499093
 

GDawg

Founding Member
Mar 22, 2002
1,469
19
68
Nevada
Oct 30, 2005
#6
  • Oct 30, 2005
  • #6
A near 2" drop is not that bad. You just need to take speed bumps slowly and go at an angle into steep driveways.
 

mity2

I like Pro3 and all I got was this crappy CT.
Jul 24, 2003
2,872
3
48
StateCollege PA
Oct 30, 2005
#7
  • Oct 30, 2005
  • #7
I prolly change my Sportline to something like FRPP C spring this winter. Its too damn low. But then i have Roush kits that makes it even lower then any other body kits out there
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Front Coil Overs and Rear Traditional Springs within a Maximum Motorsports K-Member Kit
  • Habu135
  • Sep 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
609
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 9, 2026
Habu135
Suspension Harsh Ride
  • PonyGTrider
  • Mar 20, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2 3 4
Replies
62
Views
2K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 11, 2026
Noobz347
R
Help to identify lowering springs
  • Rembrant
  • Feb 4, 2024
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
1K
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Feb 5, 2024
Mcmahst
S
Hello from Minnesota (and the ancient MustangBoards)
  • SpeedofDarkness
  • Aug 24, 2025
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
258
The Welcome Wagon Aug 24, 2025
SpeedofDarkness
S
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
352
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?