Yet ANOTHER Roush update: Bad news

Roush97

Founding Member
Jun 9, 2002
Greencastle,Pa
alright well let me set down here and right you this novel of the happenings of the past few days. the ending result is that the only thing salvagable from the shortblock is the crank and rods. all the pistons are different sizes from being beat around in the cylinder. also all the piston/cylinder walll clearances are between 5-7 thousands over the tolerances allowed. so simply being reringed and honed is no longer an option. SO chris, one of the guys at kauffmans is giving me an 00 block he had laying around his house, dave has a set of JE pistons on the way for me. so as soon as they get here everything will be assembled and given back to kauffmans from the machine shop. they said the first thing the machine shop asked was who the hell assembled the engine. they said whoever did it had no business doing machine work. things must have been in pretty bad shape.just a reminder this engine has 1500 miles on it, and it is getting rebuilt. im going to get some of the ****ered pistons for surveniors of my raping by shm. the best part is like i have said before that my warranty from shm has been voided due to changing the heads, because they do have so much to do with the pistons being abused.

• Sponsors (?)

White96GTinFla said:
so the engine blew that was built by SHM and than Kaufmanns said "whoever built this, cant build engines?" Sorry, I didnt know about your first problems so im trying to follow.

dont mean to be a dick but read it more carefully. the motor didnt necessarily blow it had massive blowby due to the fact that the tune from shm was so rich that the rings never had a chance to seat due to so much fuel washing down the cylinder walls. when the motor was opened up just the other day the machine shop basically said whoever assembled this engine is a joke. thats the short of a long a long as story. if you want details search for my previous posts

I agree with the venerable senator from Tx. JBVobra ... still miss the Vobra.... SHM has been bashed before but someone has come to their defense.
Fewer and fewer defenders these days. I know some 1/4milers used to swear by SHM .... not so much today. :(

Hate to hear stuff like this, because that is a lot of $$$, time and energy wasted. :bang: