You guessed it ,another 67 FB. Conversion

• Sponsors (?)

Getting ready to put in the trunk divider
20200119_095716.jpg

What's your experience with repro tail panels? The prevailing wisdom I've seen is that they require a lot of fitting.

Also, how to do you about grinding down the welds in the trunk drain channel area?

Not to be too needy, but might you be able to post a parts list of what you use? Especially the door frame components since I think you've said elsewhere that you use the '67-'68 frames on the '65-'66 cars since they come un-welded?

I have never had a problem with the tail panels ,they usually fit very well .
I usually use my spot welder in that Chanel but i burned it up,i use a die grinder with a 3 inch grinding wheel ,it fits right in the Channel
I was thinking that another way around it would be to drill the plug weld holes on the seat divider instead? You'd have to weld upside down, though.

Slid the roof forward with the quarters still clamped in place and welded at the front to the roof ,inside the scoop openings and down the door jamb fitting to the door as i welded each plug weld
20200120_145853.jpg
20200120_141327.jpg
i slid the roof back in place ,clamped it down and welded the front and back window openings . I still have to weld the roof to the rain gutters but that will be another story
20200120_154206.jpg
20200120_154214.jpg

Reactions: 3 users