I call bs on most of this story.I guess the manager of the Camaro/Firebird line I used to tip a couple of beers with listened to right wing radio too, even though he is Black.... The union stories he told me were truly unbelievable...... Stories like having an electrical plug from a machine on the line come out and having to wait for hours for the " Electrical Union " guys to finally get there ( in their golf cart) to plug in back in so the could start the line to build cars again...
Or waiting for the " Piper Fitter union " guys to unplug the quick connector lines to a machine to change it out......
You or I didn't dare touch those simple items to get things going again or the UNIONS would make a scandal out of things.....
Just a couple of the stories...... And we wonder why America lost the car building business to " overseas" NON union corporations??
Unions fight for the members, working environments, wages and benefits,
I don't believe that guy could not just plug back in and continue working, if not there is more to the story. There was possibly a safety issue with the plug or reseptical? Unknown because we were not there, I too have heard stories like 'pipe fitters' that did not dig a ditch so the pipes could be installed, said 'union' rules say they don't have to, well then the forman didn't do his job by having a 'ditch digger' there to get the job done, that 'pipe fitter' didn't get a cut in pay because he dug the ditch so the job could continue.
I have no dog in this hunt, I live in a 'right to work' state.



They'll take care of you just as much as a lot of politicians will..... 

