Fox Battery relocation other than in the back??

Your options with a full sized battery are limited if you want it hidden. Maybe you can fit on in the spare tire well? I did some research about this and read an article where the author moved the battery around with the car on corner scales. It made a big difference, so that may be sometime to consider. Here’s the link:

I too recently stumbled across brail batteries. I think they would work for me. Maybe when the AGM I got last year dies I will try one.
IMO the Braille batteries are probably your best bet as far as easily concealable. I’m sure there are other brands, but Braille is who I usually think of.

I wouldn’t even consider trying to mount a standard 50lb battery somewhere weird.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

You are confusing "simple" and "easy". If there is a 10,000 pound boulder blocking a road, all you have to do to get by is move the boulder. It's that SIMPLE. But, it's a 10,000 pound boulder, so it is not EASY.
When all you have to do to restore the car is weld in a new, pre-fab, panel, it's that SIMPLE. But, you have to weld it in, which, being realistic, eliminates calling it EASY as a blanket statement. For many people, the welding requirement makes it impossible, or, at the very least, expensive.

You are confusing "simple" and "easy". If there is a 10,000 pound boulder blocking a road, all you have to do to get by is move the boulder. It's that SIMPLE. But, it's a 10,000 pound boulder, so it is not EASY.
When all you have to do to restore the car is weld in a new, pre-fab, panel, it's that SIMPLE. But, you have to weld it in, which, being realistic, eliminates calling it EASY as a blanket statement. For many people, the welding requirement makes it impossible, or, at the very least, expensive.
I’d buy that logic.

Cutting the spot welds, locating the new apron, welding it, priming and painting it isn’t exactly a quick fix for most folks. Even if you have everything to do it. It’s not something I would have to do later, just so I could put a battery in the damn fender.

Ok, how's this "easy for me"

I get it, you don't agree. It's not easy for you. That's fine.

Can we move on from this now

Please understand, the fact that I don't think you should call it "easy", doesn't mean I don't respect your skills. It's cool when you can consider something easy that others (in this case, me) wish they could do as well. Mind you, I have my skills, but welding isn't one of them, so, hats off to you.

Reactions: 1 users