Your Dream Engine

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
Saturday night,...some are going out, some are staying home, some are drinkin, some are not.... However....in this thread, homebodies, carousers, teetotalers, and boozers are all welcome... .EVERYBODY can play.

Let's see a good picture of your money is no object dream engine,.....you can have a few if you just can't settle on one.

I'll start with tradition,......I've always been a sucker for this one. Almost unobtanium, and probably wouldn't fit in anything,...but man, what a heathen.

427 SOHC
2011-Ridler-Award-winner-56-Ford-Sunliner-engine.JPG

427sohc-chains.jpg

It became known as a "Cammer", and was a true hemi headed ford engine, years before the Boss 429. Ford developed this engine for NASCAR in response to Chryslers' 426 hemi. In order to get the engine ready for competition, Ford scrambled to produce enough of these engines (500) ( 90 days) and get them sold so as to get past NASCARS Homologation rule. In dual carb trim, the engine made 700 hp, and would've dominated the NASCAR circuit, but the fags at Chrysler protested,and as a result of that, the engine was the only engine in history to be banned before it even saw one minute in competition. Undeterred, Ford moved the engine over to the NHRA, where it dominated In AFX and Top Fuel for several years in the mid-late 60's.
Noisy as hell because of two mechanical solid lifter cams, an a 6' long timing chain,...it was a monster engine before there was a monster to put it into.

But,......when i come back to Earth,...ill probably try to put my hands on this:

image8.jpg

Ford AU's Barra DOHC 4l version of a 2JZ. As a testimony to how far things have come, this engine can be made to withstand 40 lbs of boost,..and as a result of that give up 1300 hp...unlike the Monster engine,...this one is as quiet as a stocker, and as smooth as a sewing machine because of the twin overhead cams,...but boosted has a sound all of its own,....

So that should get you started,.....lets see what you can come up with...

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Had to think about this one. That SOHC is one awesome engine. I think I'd like to have a twin turbo 5.2L Voodoo in my 1993 GT.

first-twin-turbo-2016-mustang-shelby-gt350-is-an-800-hp-demon_1_zpsiabrogh6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
P1040503-1.jpg

Roush-Yates Engines Ford FR9. 900+hp, roughly 10,000rpm redline, gorgeous to look at, music to the ears, and now available in the FR45 variant that will accept sheet-metal oil pans so it can be adapted to other platforms besides it's native NASCAR applications.

Reactions: 3 users
Well...damn...my first two ford picks are out. Yall beat me to them.lol
Idagd about how loud the cammer was. If someone dropped one on me, id put that bi**h on a lawn mower if thats all i had.lol.
Yates...same deal.lol

Now, i wouldnt mind getting my hands on one of those 1000 cu.in engines...ill look it up and post it real quick

Another engine for another kind of Mustang...

image010.png

?temp_hash=cedaf26ccf672bb2b1ec534537b530b0.jpg

p51cowl.jpg

Attachments

• Packard Merlin 61 engine.JPG
    Packard Merlin 61 engine.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
My dream is to put a turbo v10 in a mustang fox....not the viper motor but a 6.8L. Ever since the U Haul I rented I can't get it out of my mind.
fordtruck1.jpg

Reactions: 1 user