Zex Nitrous Fuel Delivery

ROMAD

Feb 12, 2013
So, here is where 'Ol Bleu sits at the moment. SCT x4, K&N Drop in, Hurst comp short throw, FRPP 4.10s J&M adj upper and lower Control Arms, Custom straight pipes, Exedy Stage II clutch. Oh yeah, and a Zex wet shot, currently running the 75HP jets with stock plugs and fuel system. I Plan to drop one stage colder on the plugs and revamp my fuel delivery system over the winter. I am thinking KB "Boost-a-Pump", Scott Drake Fuel rails with FRPP 34LBS injectors with an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator. This along with a JLT CAI and a Custom SVE tune should help me safely run a 125HP shot on my car and seriously lower that 1/4 mile time this spring. Anyone with experience in a similar setup or otherwise please chime in. I am open to any FIRST HAND feedback. Not really concerned with what so and so said their friend had one time....;-) More factual input if you know what I mean. Thanks in advance guys

• Sponsors (?)

IMG_20141015_161443_788_zps9893e8c2.jpg

Unless you simply want it for the sake of appearance, fuel rails aren't necessary. The factory rails can handle quite a bit of power. The returnless fuel system also does not require a fuel pressure regulator. It adjusts voltage to provide the proper fuel pressure. The Boost-a-Pump also acts as a voltage regulator, ensuring your pump always maintains proper voltage, which in turn maintains proper pressure.

Injectors are only necessary if you intend to further modify the engine. While the Boost-a-Pump provides increased fuel flow for both the nitrous and factory fuel needs, the injectors only flow as much fuel as naturally aspirated engine demands. A fuel rail adapter "bleeds" fuel to the nitrous nozzle and the Boost-a-Pump compensates for that pressure loss in the fuel rail by pumping more fuel to the rail, but none of this extra fuel goes through the injectors. As far as the injectors are concerned, you have a stock engine that has a modified intake and custom tune. Colder plugs are a must, though. You may be required to run a smaller gap than factory to prevent misfiring, but that's something you'd just have to test.