A few ?'s

lynnja232

Nov 28, 2006
first off I have a '99 v6 mustang, I can get ahold of some cobra front brakes (rotors, calipers). Would I need anything special to install them on my car. And I was wondering how can I achieve 250hp without supercharging or turbo charging. I have a 4.2 crankshaft already, I know heads would be good power increase but what else would I need. Thanks for the input

• Sponsors (?)

Cobra brakes can be bought from Ford or e-bay. Easy to swap in. For 250HP, look at Super Six Motorsports. It will take serious engine work to get big power gains. If you don't want to go that route, the only other choices are nitrous or supercharging or turbo.

first off I have a '99 v6 mustang, I can get ahold of some cobra front brakes (rotors, calipers). Would I need anything special to install them on my car. And I was wondering how can I achieve 250hp without supercharging or turbo charging. I have a 4.2 crankshaft already, I know heads would be good power increase but what else would I need. Thanks for the input

For the brakes, buyfordracing.com sells Cobra brake kits for as little as $350 with the calipers, rotors, lines, etc...

As for making 250hp N/A, like red said, you're going to want to talk to someone like Super Six Motorsports or Delk Performance.

250hp (assuming you mean crank, since you didn't specify WHEEL horsepower) is very attainable. My car, with just ported heads, Delk Performance cam, CAI, and exhaust makes ~260hp (220whp) with the stock 3.8L of displacement. With a 4.2 and the right heads, cam, intake manifolds, longtube headers, etc... you could make 280+ horsepower (~250whp).

Here is the dumb question of the day... I noticed you have respectable power, but started with a 99+ v-6 model. What are the differences made in 99 to bring it from 150 to 190?