Jiffy Lube busted

• Sponsors (?)

ha a place i used to work at did that. it was in a high class place of the county where all rich people came in. there was a smoothe talking italian guy who worked in the front office who would convince everyone that this and that was necessary. half of it never got done but they were still charged:notnice: .

hence the reason i only worked there a month....

Thats why I never take my car to a mechanic. Im lucky my uncle is a hardcore gearhead, we do all car repairs ourselves in his shop. My dad had taken his truck one time to Wal-Mart for an oil change, but all they did was ADD oil. The truck ran like s*** for two days before we found out what they did. I think we drained about one and a half pans of oil from the engine. You cant really trust anyone these days, all they want is easy money.

It's not suprising man.From what I hear they have bad customer service
skills,ignorant mechanics,and don't know sqaut period. Those idiots at
juffy lube will never put their hands on my car no chance.Me and my dad
do almost all the work on my car. :nonono:

Jiffy Lube = Penzoil=:notnice:

I dont know how old this is, but I remember talking to my wifes uncle who is like the #2 or 3 guy in the div. of jiffy lube about a year ago (went there from shell when shell bought jiffy). He was telling me about the mess they had to deal with and that the news people were going all around and focusing on each "brand" at a time. The had to do all kinds of meetings and Jiffy Lube actually got praise from the press for taking action against the shops that did this.

Sorry to say, I'm not suprised at all. That's why I do as much work as I can myself.. And if I do have to bring it somewhere to do something I can't I either stay with the car, call atleast twice a day, make sure it's a reputable shop, and stay on top of things.

I think a lot of other places are like that too. When I worked for an autobody shop once we had a customer that said he got his oil changed at jiffy lube and was having this bad oil leak. So I checked it out for him and they didn't tighten the oil filter enough so it was leaking out everywhere. After that I never thought much of jiffy lube. While we're here, I always cringe when I see those "quick lube" signs and stuff like that. The "we'll change your oil in your car while you're still in it" because oil changing isn't like a really quick and go thing. You need time to check the levels and everything. A lot of these service guys just throw some oil in not knowing how many qts it takes and give you your car back. Most of them don't even check it.

fgtmustang95 said:
Thats why I never take my car to a mechanic. Im lucky my uncle is a hardcore gearhead, we do all car repairs ourselves in his shop. My dad had taken his truck one time to Wal-Mart for an oil change, but all they did was ADD oil. The truck ran like s*** for two days before we found out what they did. I think we drained about one and a half pans of oil from the engine. You cant really trust anyone these days, all they want is easy money.

I had a flat repaired by Wal-mart once, and the donkeys forgot to tighten the lug nuts! Thankfully I was backing the car out of the service bay when I noticed the wobble.