KDW2 Question

hobbes80

Founding Member
Jun 29, 2002
Northern Virginia
KDW2 Question EDIT: Discontinued Sizes

EDIT:
So it turns out that BFG isn't make their street tire KDW2 in the larger sizes anymore. I called a bunch of different places who all called BFG and confirmed. Seems the biggest they make is 295 for 18" rims and 255 for 17" rims. Very much a shame, I had heard great things about them. Anyone with some clout that can talk them into changing their minds, please do so!

Original:
I hate to make another one of these threads, I know there are a bunch about them. I want to replace my SP 8000s (well, "want" is really because I failed inspection for no tread.... wonder how that happened. :rolleyes: )

Anyways, I want to get the KDW2, but from everything I've looked at, they don't make a 315/35 17" BFG KDW2.... are they for real? I swear I've seen folks on here running them and talking about them, where are you getting them?

I've tried tire.com, tirerack.com, discounttire.com, BFGoodrich.com... they don't appear to exist.

Help me out here guys.

Thanks,
--Hobbes

• Sponsors (?)

That's weird...

245 * .45 = 110.25mm
315 * .35 = 110.25mm

Seems the most logical tire size to match up to stock ride size. There are a lot made that size, but from what I can tell from BFG website, they just don't make anything wider than at 285 in the KDW2 world.

Ah well, guess I'll just get KDs... I don't see much rain anyways.

EDIT:
Turns out BFG is focusing on making competition tires in the bigger sizes and isn't making the KDs, KDW, KDW2 anymore for us big boys out there. I ordered some KDs from TireRack's existing stock, looks like we're getting limited more and more on our choice in tires.