Progress Thread Project Copper Can

So I drove out to my local speed shop many around here know the name ... Speed unlimited. Needed to get some AN fittings to pump the pump together..... 335 dollars later and I got four fitting and 30' of AN hose -10 and -6.

image.jpeg

Drove back home and put the pump together and I have to say it's a shame I have to put this under the car it's a real beauty

image.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
  • Sponsors (?)

So I drove out to my local speed shop many around here know the name ... Speed unlimited. Needed to get some AN fittings to pump the pump together..... 335 dollars later and I got four fitting and 30' of AN hose -10 and -6.

image.jpeg

Drove back home and put the pump together and I have to say it's a shame I have to put this under the car it's a real beauty

image.jpeg
I stopped going to speed unlimited for AN fittings. Now I hit up Pep Boys speed shop in waldorf ....but...I'm a broke guy. For speed unlimited ya gotta have pockets unlimited.

Don't think they have purple fittings. I've gotta stick to blue, red, or black.... can't afford that high dolla stuff.

Reactions: 1 user
There's a business over the bendict bridge right in the first business park in Calvert that that's all they deal with is AN fittings I've gone there before but they had to order these fittings and i was itching to get them now so I can make a bracket up for the pump .

And so goes the drama that revolves around a recent catastrophic engine failure.
"Hey guys!...Look at this fcked up sht!"
I remember those days......

Knowing something inside the engine is gonna be so fcked up that you are almost glad when you find it. One more badge of honor to add to the shelf of mangled parts you can hang on the wall. The bent connecting rod, the piston w/ a valve head embedded in it, broken camshafts, crankshafts, blocks, the numerous pushrods bent into an "S" shape....everyone of those,..justification for why "I shoulda" vs why "I shouldn't had."

For instance: (From my personal experience)

"Yeah,......I shoulda known better, and lifted when I saw the puff,... but I didn't."

That puff was compression gases escaping the deck of the R 302 block after the last HG failure.

Total bill for that "I shoulda" was a new bare TFS R head. and a new 8.2" Dart block. Just so I could sell the whole thing as a fresh, ready to assemble EZ street car, and not have to part it out.

I shouldn't had done that stupid sht in the first place.....Me in a -20, in my last orange and black car. Thinkin I was gonna be a big time race car driver.:nonono:

Now that was inspirational @madmike1157 you brought a tear to my eye because you justl laid out my entire thought process hahaha no the engine builder used crappy three piece pushrods. I'm looking at a set of crower or comp cam pushrods. Kind of thinking of going with just ford performance lifters though others use link bar type I don't really got the coin for that.

Reactions: 1 users
Now that was inspirational @madmike1157 you brought a tear to my eye because you justl laid out my entire thought process hahaha no the engine builder used crappy three piece pushrods. I'm looking at a set of crower or comp cam pushrods. Kind of thinking of going with just ford performance lifters though others use link bar type I don't really got the coin for that.
For what it's worth I have stock replacement ford performance ones in my car ....

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 2 users
stock ford lifters, but 1 piece comp cams pushrods.
I think you can hear me off the limiter in my 11.2 video between shifts . The limiter is pulled for 7 or 7200 so id say they can take a beating.

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

So I'm back in the motor replacing everything that broke. Went with some ford roller lifters and a set of chromoly push rods from comp cams.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Only got everything torqued down and lash set and lower intake on .... @TOOLOW91 im coming for you lol

Reactions: 5 users
Got the car all back together and everything motor wise is working properly again. BUTTTTTTTTT, now my trans is messed up meaning that it only feels like it's in 3rd gear the whole time park reverse and neutral all work the way they are supposed to but no matter if it's in first second or third it just feels like it's in third. So out came the trans and off to get worked on. I told the guy about it and he said it's a common problem for the c4 to weld the clutch discs together which is essentially third gear the way he explained it. Should have it back in a few days ... Dreading having to put it back in by myself though.
image.jpeg
That is also my down pipe sitting beside the flywheel if any of y'all were wondering

Reactions: 2 users
Got the car all back together and everything motor wise is working properly again. BUTTTTTTTTT, now my trans is messed up meaning that it only feels like it's in 3rd gear the whole time park reverse and neutral all work the way they are supposed to but no matter if it's in first second or third it just feels like it's in third. So out came the trans and off to get worked on. I told the guy about it and he said it's a common problem for the c4 to weld the clutch discs together which is essentially third gear the way he explained it. Should have it back in a few days ... Dreading having to put it back in by myself though.
image.jpeg
That is also my down pipe sitting beside the flywheel if any of y'all were wondering
Yeah I remember R&Ring a manual 4 speed by myself when I was your age. Not the "best of times" and that trans was light compared to a c4.

image.jpeg
Sorry Mike,......it sucks having to lay on your back for any reason under a car. But on gravel,.....
suicide.gif