Steve's Megasquirt/tunerstudio Help Thread

I can also rule out the ignition switch. After a lot of reading, I have found that the +12v start wire into the TFI module tells the distributor to ignore the spout - therefor reverting me to base timing. If the ignition switch was to go bad and be stuck 'on', I should be seeing a solid 10° timing, no matter what (@Boosted92LX ). That is not the case. I'm half tempted to try another distributor and see if that's the issue... again. It's not the MS, it's not the TFI, it's not the ignition switch.

• Sponsors (?)

I can also rule out the ignition switch. After a lot of reading, I have found that the +12v start wire into the TFI module tells the distributor to ignore the spout - therefor reverting me to base timing. If the ignition switch was to go bad and be stuck 'on', I should be seeing a solid 10° timing, no matter what (@Boosted92LX ). That is not the case. I'm half tempted to try another distributor and see if that's the issue... again. It's not the MS, it's not the TFI, it's not the ignition switch.
All of you.....

All of you need EDIS in your future.

Can you put your mustang distributor in your truck and verify all the things that are supposed to have power etc work in a stock setup?
(if that's a really dumb question I'll go ahead and apologize before Steve shuns me... :) .)

I've been searching on the great interweb trying to help find a solution.

Have you checked your dwell settings in TS ?

There have been a couple people that had issues with ford TFI....seems to { maybe } be a latency issue....time frame between MS, coil fire, and spark at plug. I am very new to MS and have no way to decipher anyones data log....I struggle terribly with my own.

One guy said he set his dwell to " fixed " and his car ran a lot better. He seemed to have some knowledge so I assume he wasn't talking about fixed timing.

sumabish I've been looking for this answer for almost 2 years now. The damn thing sounds like a goose

Edit* Like this?

idle.png
How did you take a picture of that screen?

Steve, do you mind helping with this. I am planning on trying to get Closed-Loop to work this weekend and the YouTube video you did this is the only screen I didnt see.
Capture AIS.PNG
Capture AIS chart.PNG
don't forget to put the negative prefix on some of the values I have outlined in this picture......

PRO TIP
don't go to aggressive with these numbers use what I have put in or you will experience surging...

Merry Christmas, Steve !!!! and everyone else !

I reloaded the tune you made for me but I cant get the fuel stoich. The previous datalog was after I screwed around with the ve and afr tables. My WB is pegged at 22.4 and I cant seem to bring it down without seriously messing with the tune. What is the best way to make adjustments for this ?

I tried the normal adjustments in ve table around the idle point but it doesn't do much. Some of that is in this log. I'm at a loss.....been researching and researching but I cant find anything on this that helps. I did check for leaks but there are none. Plugged the tail pipes and smoked the hell out of this thing. It was idling at the correct ratio with the other tune but like you said the vtables were way off. Should I mess around with the injector size calculation to try and bring it down ?

Edit...Something else I noticed is that my AFR table in Megalogviewer and the one in Tunerstudio are different.... lower left in megalogviewer 11.8 to upper right 8.4....Tunerstudio is 14.8 lower left to 11.4 upper right. Smh.....UH Oh !!! Seems like corruption.

Attachments

• scottsreset2016-12-24_14.35.07.msl
    2.2 MB · Views: 76
Last edited: