went to the track with my KB

Bundmar

Founding Member
Mar 22, 2002
Ontario, Canada
Went to the track today and hit a new best still on street radials, last year hit a 13.0 @115MPH with 2.3 60', and today amazingly hit a
12.6 @117 with a 2.1 60' with no new mods couldnt believe it with the same street tires,
waiting for my Nitto DR's from steeda and cant wait till taking it then,
still spun all the way thru 2nd and had to launch off idle, traction still sucked
hopefully can hit 11's with the DR's

• Sponsors (?)

Stangdriver1119 said:
Perhaps the difference between trap speeds is due to him having a manual and you have an automatic...hence the shift points.

I would think that. Plus I run out of gear (no thanks to 4.10s) with about 200' to go. I just didn't think the trap speed discrepancy would be that great.

Yea, now thats how its supposed to run! VERY nice trap :nice: . I guess you would be about like a stock 03-04 Z06 vette. NICE!

And was that hotlapping or after a cooldown?

And hey im guessing your having to hit 5th gear!?!?! Some 3.73s would help you out alot...5th sucks for pulling, even with a KB compared to 4th. Would be much better to be able to stay in 4th.

actually I have 31 Spline axles, just updated my sig.,
that was my first run of the day, couldnt beleive it
I have 390RWHP and 390RWTQ
and my rev limiter is raised so I can finish in fourth
cant wait till putting on a sticky tire.

Bundmar said:
actually I have 31 Spline axles, just updated my sig.,
that was my first run of the day, couldnt beleive it
I have 390RWHP and 390RWTQ
and my rev limiter is raised so I can finish in fourth
cant wait till putting on a sticky tire.

WOA!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT a good idea man.

Ill tell you this, your motor isnt going to last long if you keep that up. :nono:

Im guessing its closer to 6500RPM. :nonono: Think pressed togethor rods and 160+ more HP worth of load on them than they were designed for.

Im saying this so you wont be towing your car home next time you go out to the races lol.

hotmustang331 said:

Ill tell you this, your motor isnt going to last long if you keep that up. :nono:

Im guessing its closer to 6500RPM. :nonono: Think pressed togethor rods and 160+ more HP worth of load on them than they were designed for.

Im saying this so you wont be towing your car home next time you go out to the races lol.

good excuse for a shortblock and running more boost
hopefully it wont happen,

-=NightHawk=- said:
:scratch: did i not get the memo? i thought u had a gt that got blown not too long ago :scratch:

I've had the blower and bottom end components since about November. Just putting everything together. Got the shortblock built last week, longblock will be together tomorrow. Still waiting on an 8 bolt flywheel. Put it all in the car by Thursday and have the blower in on the weekend. It's taken a long time. Had to wait on a lot of parts, still waiting on some :nonono: .

TweekedGT said:
I've had the blower and bottom end components since about November. Just putting everything together. Got the shortblock built last week, longblock will be together tomorrow. Still waiting on an 8 bolt flywheel. Put it all in the car by Thursday and have the blower in on the weekend. It's taken a long time. Had to wait on a lot of parts, still waiting on some :nonono: .

its worth the wait hang in there!

hotmustang331 said:

Mehhh, just have the tuner pull a little more timing and if necessary fatten the fuel curve up at the top of his upper RPM and he should be able to run that way for quite some time.