RANT!!! What Not To Wear (if Your A Fox Mustang)

• Sponsors (?)

I care...a little lol. Not a fan of certain things and occasionally give my disapproving comments. I'm very vanilla with my mustang. Hell im still sporting 4 lug chrome cobra's(and like them)....what the hell do I know

You must now whine and moan like a little girl and take to the streets with a couple thousand of your closest friends in order to drive home the notion that it is NOT your Mustang while smashing windows and liberating automotive supplies.

You can find a complete set of instructions on NBC, ABC, CNN, and The View.

This is how it is done now. :shrug:

Reactions: 5 users
You must now whine and moan like a little girl and take to the streets with a couple thousand of your closest friends in order to drive home the notion that it is NOT your Mustang while smashing windows and liberating automotive supplies.

You can find a complete set of instructions on NBC, ABC, CNN, and The View.

This is how it is done now. :shrug:

:lol:

Oh, another photo...
IMG_0298.PNG

:leaving:

Reactions: 4 users
Well.......apparently this color
IMG_2156.JPG .
I like to solicit other's opinions myself with what i'm working on. I've learned that, while i know what a good whiskey is (thanks mike!), my other ideas sometimes aren't just as tight as i think they are.

So, does this mean i'm being a lemming? Nah, it's just that some sht i like seems to be popular with others. Does a car have to be totally different to be "cool"?

Why must our mustangs be so completely different? What's cool, is cool. Just like a good bourbon can be made by Jack or Jim or other maker. They all have a similarity, yet the slight differences are more enjoyable to separate groups. Each group doesn't have to like what the other group does to enjoy bourbon.

Visual tastes are just like auditory (oh clare?) or individual senses of taste. Olives in beer are a good thing, btw.

Though, back to the first sentence in my post, apparently that green is universally disliked for a fox body. So, no green.

The way i see it, as long as i have a hands free transmission and a silky smooth cabriolet top, my pretentiousness outweighs your petty jealousies and actually causes a sense of superiority to your low life desires.

Reactions: 2 users
I bolt new parts onto dirty ones and post pictures of it just to tick you off.

But getting past that, here are my no no's for foxes.

1) euro tails
2) holes in GT bumpers for tail pipes
3) flat black spray painted/plasti dipped stock wheels (I know some like it, I just dont, sorry not sorry)

Aside from those things, I can easily look past the rest as a "he/she may (hopefully will) grow out of that and reverse it."

THIS is # 1 for me !!!!!!!!! :puke::uzi::fight::flame:

Well, it's not my favorite, but I understand why people do it. Easy hp. I think someone who does do that to a mustang doesn't have any room to trash talk someone else for half assing something though. If you want to make a FORD Mustang go fast, doing it with a FORD motor- especially pushrod- Makes you the man.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, it's not my favorite, but I understand why people do it. Easy hp. I think someone who does do that to a mustang doesn't have any room to trash talk someone else for half assing something though. If you want to make a FORD Mustang go fast, doing it with a FORD motor- especially pushrod- Makes you the man.
Doesn't bother me one bit. I'd rather see an LS in there as cleanly installed as the example above or in Tanner's car, compared to some hacked in ex-4 banger 5.0, w/ a wire harness that looks like a future short waiting to happen, that has some hideous contrasting color convoluted wire wrap w/ the obligatory fake braided upper radiator hose sporting frayed ends. One where the guy couldn't be bothered to remove and plate the AC lines that he never intends to reuse,..or even bother to clean out before he drops that mess in the bay.
Now,......hack in the LS......I'd hate it just the same.

Everything can be done nicely w/o spending a lot of money, and I'm certainly not endorsing high dollar mods over budget ones. it just takes a couple of things that some people don't seem to have.
The willingness to work on the car.
Good taste.

As of lately I haven't been into criticizing other peoples visual choices (something I have been guilty of). It really is what it is. Most people will grow out of the really bad decisions. If they don't, it's something they have to live with, not me.
It's just not possible to say what you don't like without insulting others here.
The community has already shrunk, no need to speed it up.

I'm more concerned with things like quality parts and sensibility of the build itself.
Setting realistic goals is another pet peeve of mine.

Reactions: 1 users
The community has already shrunk, no need to speed it up.

There are a lot of people who aren't around anymore - a lot of which I attribute to losing interest in the hobby/forum for a multitude of reasons. What galls me is the people who swing in for a hot minute, regurgitate all over us with nonsensical filth and then bail the same week, never to be heard from again. That doesn't help anyone.

I started hanging out here to learn and read about others builds. Seems like the instant gratification of FB has killed this place, regardless of what our mods will tell you the traffic looks like.

Aside from those things, I can easily look past the rest as a "he/she may (hopefully will) grow out of that and reverse it."

I'm prob one of the few here that can say they still have the car they drove in HS. So with that said, i'll admit a lot of my effort has been spent reversing things I stupidly did to the car in HS. I'm fortunate I didn't get carried away, but I truly wish I never slapped a Saleen wing on my car (welding up the stock hatch and drilling new holes on the underside) or drilled a hole into the firewall to run a fuel line for a FP gauge in the cowl, or some of my wiring hacks I've had to spent time undoing, or some of minor damage I did to the rails underneath from improper jacking. There's others, but the point was I took a mint, stock, LX with 43K miles on it (when I bought it back in 1997) and did some cheesy hack stuff. If I could go back, I'd slap myself silly. Fortunately, I can undo most of it, and fix some of the other stuff, but it's tough for me to criticize others for doing certain things when I'm no different.

But, I am guilty of sometimes throwing out my opinions sometimes...although I try to do it in a nice way at least

Reactions: 2 users
My list...

1. Anything over 18" wheels. And 18s are REALLY pushing it on these cars.
1a. Wheel offset... Get a damn clue on wheel fitment! Google is your friend.

2. Color matched custom interior. 99.9% of the time is awful...

3. Euro tailights... And maybe LED too. Not sure yet.

4. Converting an EFI car to carb...WTF.

5. ANYTHING from Pep-Boys/Auto Zone etc. that is not a maintenance part. Get that damn GTR sticker off your GT. I hope that hood scoop flys off and cracks your windshield. I really hope those ugly tribal stickers peel your paint off when you realize how ugly it is. I hope this bothers you if you have anything like this.

I am one of the few here that also build/own import cars as well. This would be a giant list if we were including Japanese cars. So I kept it to what I see done to the Foxbody only that get to me...

Doesn't bother me one bit. I'd rather see an LS in there as cleanly installed as the example above or in Tanner's car, compared to some hacked in ex-4 banger 5.0, w/ a wire harness that looks like a future short waiting to happen, that has some hideous contrasting color convoluted wire wrap w/ the obligatory fake braided upper radiator hose sporting frayed ends. One where the guy couldn't be bothered to remove and plate the AC lines that he never intends to reuse,..or even bother to clean out before he drops that mess in the bay.
Now,......hack in the LS......I'd hate it just the same.

Everything can be done nicely w/o spending a lot of money, and I'm certainly not endorsing high dollar mods over budget ones. it just takes a couple of things that some people don't seem to have.
The willingness to work on the car.
Good taste.

You wanted opinions, that's mine. Everybody has one.:shrug:

I'm prob one of the few here that can say they still have the car they drove in HS. So with that said, i'll admit a lot of my effort has been spent reversing things I stupidly did to the car in HS. I'm fortunate I didn't get carried away,

Yyyyep. I thank the Mustang Gods everyday that i still have power steering and air-conditioning.

It would have been much, much worse had I not had to move every couple of years and/or had a garage suitable for that kind of work. The base hobby shop is completely awesome to have but it's not really suitable for extended-stay work.

I STILL consider mounting a Steeda wing. lol

I don't get offended by much as long as it's clean. Sure I get a hoot out of the ricer anything but really we laugh because 90% of the time it looks like a crappy joke. When someone really puts in the time and effort to make something look nice (even if its slammed, haloed, crazy colored) I respect it. The muscle car community isn't any better in a lot of respects. Personally I'm usually not a fan of non-functional scoops and a beater looking hack-jobs but until I can afford to paint my gt I guess I'm not any better.