RANT!!! What Not To Wear (if Your A Fox Mustang)

1. It's not a debate.

2. It's not misinformed.
Ah yes, it can't be a debate because your opinion is obviously fact.
You've got a lot more LS experience than I have so you'd have a better understanding of the cost, or apparent lack of, that goes along with it.

My mistake. :nice:

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I too do not like the LS swap, It just seems generic to me, "LS swap everything" I still love the Saleen wing. Sorry, not sorry. Cutting holes in the GT bumper for tail pipes.
I wanted a Saleen wing bad for a while. Even tracked a used one down and just never got it painted. It looks "era specific" I guess. Nothing to apologize for, PLENTY of people don't like what I like lol

I will say that I believe that nothing on Tanner's car to be "half-assed."
If this was a Sloppy Mechanic build that'd be a different story, but the fact of the matter it isn't.
I have a Chevy friend that has buttloads of money. Everything he modifies get's an LS, and most of it is old iron.
None of those cars came with anything close to that tech level,..and all of them require a serious upgrade to almost everything to accommodate the injected engine. Nothing about that is half assed either. Most of it is new chevy in old chevy.

When I started this thread, and although I did end the initial post with the question: "With regard to the Mustang hobby,... What's in poor taste?" I wasn't talking about a nicely done engine swap.

I was talking about cheese,.....

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. This isn't the place to hop on my LS swap soap box. I stay on this board because I like a lot of the people. I know most don't approve of the swap for whatever reason, I'm good with that.

Reactions: 2 users
I dunno. I'm on an anti-power steering kick right now. I can't seem to find a pump that doesn't whine or leak, so I removed it and am currently driving with a powerless power rack. When funds allow, I'll go buy a manual rack.
....The A/C isn't going anywhere however.

Fwiw, I have had a Lot of luck with reman Ford PS pumps and Lucas power steering additive. I flush all the fluid from the lines and rack. And fill it with the Lucas additive-top it off with regular ps fluid

Reactions: 1 users
Everyone's entitled to their opinion. This isn't the place to hop on my LS swap soap box. I stay on this board because I like a lot of the people. I know most don't approve of the swap for whatever reason, I'm good with that.

Carbs are stoopid

I like well thought out and executed mustangs. I love/get majorcarwood when said product is making good power. Don't care if it's LS,pushrod ford V8,or Fred Flintstone foot pedaled. I'm not a "purist". I would have gone coyote if money was of no concern. Especially a forced induction example.

I really like the fact that this community shares most of my tastes/opinions but more importantly, doesn't get a hair crossways over most things(i.e. 4eyed pride). The(fox) forum has most definitely shrunk in the 5 years I've been a member. I'm positive those numbers are extremely down from before I was a member. Maybe it's me?:rolleyes:
That fact only makes sense though. Lots of people come and go in this hobby(always bigger and better).

I see all kinds of modifications that look horrible to me, but like I always say, if everybody liked the same thing, this would be a boring world. I was raised around Ford cars and trucks mostly, cause that's what my family drove, and raced. I grew up having a great affection for lots of Ford vehicles, just like some folks I know who love Chevy/GM or Mopar vehicles. As a Ford fan, I don't want to see a Ford with another teams engine transplanted in it. I don't care why someone does it, I don't like it, just my .02

Bossed

I will say that I believe that nothing on Tanner's car to be "half-assed."
If this was a Sloppy Mechanic build that'd be a different story, but the fact of the matter it isn't.
I have a Chevy friend that has buttloads of money. Everything he modifies get's an LS, and most of it is old iron.
None of those cars came with anything close to that tech level,..and all of them require a serious upgrade to almost everything to accommodate the injected engine. Nothing about that is half assed either. Most of it is new chevy in old chevy.

When I started this thread, and although I did end the initial post with the question: "With regard to the Mustang hobby,... What's in poor taste?" I wasn't talking about a nicely done engine swap.

I was talking about cheese,.....

WTF do you know? You have a glued together straight 6 in your car.. :stick:

:D

Who's head will explode first?
:think:

Reactions: 3 users
Too many foxes wearing this.

Attachments

• IMG_0925.JPG
    IMG_0925.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 134
I like well thought out and executed mustangs. I love/get majorcarwood when said product is making good power. Don't care if it's LS,pushrod ford V8,or Fred Flintstone foot pedaled. I'm not a "purist". I would have gone coyote if money was of no concern. Especially a forced induction example.

I really like the fact that this community shares most of my tastes/opinions but more importantly, doesn't get a hair crossways over most things(i.e. 4eyed pride). The(fox) forum has most definitely shrunk in the 5 years I've been a member. I'm positive those numbers are extremely down from before I was a member. Maybe it's me?:rolleyes:
That fact only makes sense though. Lots of people come and go in this hobby(always bigger and better).
There you go,...i liked something.

I hate garbage, but I like a well done anything, and I don't care what they did to it engine wise to get it there. When I was a kid the boss had a friend that had a 426 hemi in a cutlass. Why the hell anybody puts a Chrysler hemi in a gm body is beyond me, considering a 455 olds was pretty bad ass inofitself. but back then, a hemi in anything moved it to awesome. It was a high dollar swap ( to me, at least considering that I was making 3.25 an hour) and it was cool.
It was hot rodding. Something that is lost on this current generation.

A SBF has never had the rep that a pos SBC has with regard to being the go-to swap engine. That is half the problem most of you guys have with an LS sitting in a Ford. It won't hang. The equivalent 4v mod engine is more costly, less plentiful, and a bigger pain in the ass to make fit where it'll fit.

In Texas, we have speckled trout in our saltwater. Also officially know as the spotted sea trout or commonly, just specks. There are lures you can buy in sets of two already tied up to fish in pairs known as speck rigs:
IMG_0305.JPG

If you find a nice school of specks, if you get one on the hook, play him a little and another will come along and bite too.. Two at a time.

FISH ON!!!!

I agree with the sbc get'n stuck in everything from a 32 ford to todays mustang. As some know it was the cheapest and easiest thing to do from the mid 50's on, they were literally a dime a dozen, most people, given the choice, will take the easy way, some, and you know who you are, will put the time in to achieve a goal and have the pride and /or the gaul to put forth what it takes to do it. Those make it work and look good doing it.
Me, if you wanna put a chevy in a ford go ahead, I don't care for it. But if it looks good I can appreciate the effort, it's not my car.
Like wise, you can put a carb on it, again if was originally efi, I don't care for it, I perceive it as 'the easy way out', race cars be'n the exception, but if it looks good and well executed, again, I can admire it.
There are some things I'm inclined to criticize, take it for what its worth, cause it ain't worth much if it ain't mine.
So tuck them wheels inside them fenders, don't get it so low that yur butt bumps the ground and throw them goofy 'towel rack' wings and 'euro' tail lights away. And keep them windows clean and you'll see me wave at you with all my fingers!:rlaugh:

I have to give this mod a pass. Image torn between your Fox mustang and a truck with only one parking spot?
b112832d50f26a7461d8aa6ac7b580b2.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk