‘65 brake pedal bracket/steering column question

My steering wheel is too close to the seat in my ‘65 coupe after the rebuild. I have tried to find a parts assembly diagram to see if the dashboard end of the brake pedal support bracket is supposed to go above the dash or below.
As it is now, it’s attached below the dash and presents about a 1-1/4” gap there. See the photo attached.
If it could bolt on the underside of the dash (i.e., rest on the dashboard), I could gain the height at the steering wheel to clear the seat.
Does anyone have a diagram, or picture, or experience with this issue?

Attachments

• 28A53C34-DFFF-4AC3-9F8F-004D2AE6E314.jpeg
    28A53C34-DFFF-4AC3-9F8F-004D2AE6E314.jpeg
    750.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 5B9290F7-DAC4-442C-8711-C82FB4D90EB5.jpeg
    5B9290F7-DAC4-442C-8711-C82FB4D90EB5.jpeg
    306.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Sponsors (?)

Yeah, that definitely looks wrong, I can't help ya, it's been too long, I don't remember ever encountering this problem,
Here is a demo down load pdf that I think you can buy the whole thing, I prefer a book I can get greasy and dog ear the pages.
I prefer a book I can get greasy and dog ear the pages
Sorry. Stepped away for a few days. I like a book too. Good ‘ol Chilton or such.

@horse sence probably knows or knows who knows.
If I understand the question correctly. The support bracket rests on the bottom of the dash so it's above the dash. It sits on the dash lip
That’s what I thought.... And that’s what I was afraid of. Back to laying on my back, standing on my head, under the dash.
The good news is it might have something to do with sloppy travel on the brake pedal. Been trying to figure that one out for some time. I couldn’t figure out why the brakes felt tight at the bottom but had about 2-3” of travel before they caught.
Thanks to all for the replies. I’ll letting know how it goes.
I’ll get back to work.

Sorry. Stepped away for a few days. I like a book too. Good ‘ol Chilton or such.
Yeah, that definitely looks wrong, I can't help ya, it's been too long, I don't remember ever encountering this problem,
Here is a demo down load pdf that I think you can buy the whole thing, I prefer a book I can get greasy and dog ear the pages.
Hey I got the parts manual and it looks quite helpful for lots of the other body and suspension parts I’ve been wrestling with. Thanks