00 GT brakes

Twawsi

Jun 8, 2004
here's the deal. I want to paint my brake calipers on my 00GT. Being in Italy makes it a little difficult with the exception of researching this site. I would like to buy stock calipers primarily, because i figure they are cheaper than an upgrade however i wont rule that out. Where can i get stoke calipers and what is the approx cost. Also, what would be a decent "middle of the road" upgrade as far as rotors/calipers that i can install myself for a minimal fee. I understand everything isnt cheap but i am in the land of Ducati's and that's what i ride so most all my cash goes into my bike, for parts, tune, and track time. thanks

any realistic recommendations are appreciated thanks again

• Sponsors (?)

Stock calipers to paint?? You can get a pair for under $100 or so.

You could also paint your own on your car if you want. That's how i did it.

A cheap upgrade you could do yourself is the Cobra 13" front brake upgrade. It comes with 13" rotors, two calipers and brake lines and is a simple bolt on.

Those kits usually go for about $399 plus you'll have to ship it to Italy.

CRZYHRSGT said:
Agreed...you can just paint the calipers that are on your car. When I recently did the Bullitt upgrade on my fronts I didn't upgrade the rears. So, to make the rears match I used this kit. It turned out great...closest I've seen to powdercoating without powdercoating. :nice:
Did the red paint on the rear calipers match up well with the red Bullitt calipers up front or were the shades different?

They looked identical sitting side-by-side plus I painted the bracket on the rears black to match the black on the fronts...

6222011799.jpg

6222190690.jpg

Just paint the ones that are on your car, it was one of my first mods can't beat the 5 dollar mods! I painted mine 2 years ago and they still look good so if you want to save money thats the way to go.

photodisplay.php

I wouldnt pay that much for "caliper paint" Do yourself a favor, and save a few bucks along the way. You can choose from a larger variety of colors at Auto Zone or Advance, by simply getting engine paint.
Make sure you tape everything off to avoid overspray and in addition to the color that you select, you get a can of the clearcoat too.
Ive done this on 3 different mustangs and was pleased with the results.

FivePointStang said:
I wouldnt pay that much for "caliper paint" Do yourself a favor, and save a few bucks along the way. You can choose from a larger variety of colors at Auto Zone or Advance, by simply getting engine paint.
Make sure you tape everything off to avoid overspray and in addition to the color that you select, you get a can of the clearcoat too.
Ive done this on 3 different mustangs and was pleased with the results.

I have tried the various rattle cans and even the duplicolor kits and to be honest nothing compares to G2

As already mentioned it is second only to true powdercoating. I did the brakes on my last car with the G2 and after two years the only thing they needed was a hose-off to look good, every other product I have used faded and/or chipped over time

As always you get what you pay for