01-03 V6 Mustang Shortie Headers by MAC

coldstaindtears

Sep 22, 2004
New Jersey
I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences (either good or bad) with MAC's Shortie Headers for a 2003 V6 Mustang. I got some extra cash left over from christmas shopping so I figured I'd dump some money in the Stang. I was unable to find any reviews specifically for a V6. Reading reviews for similar shortie headers, but for V8's, most people said they had a loss on low end torque but a gain in the upper RPM's.

The ones I'm looking at can be found :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7943062856&category=33631

So far all I have done to the 2003 3.8 is an ebay bought - Cold Air Intake, as well as a Borla Dual Side Exit Exhaust system. I'm trying to keep up with my neighbors Nissan 300ZX which is one of the few foreign cars I like. When both cars were stock we were neck and neck, but his definitly pulled away, plus his car has like a 20mph high top speed then the Mustang.

Anway, Thanks alot, and I hope everyone has an awsome and safe New Year. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

If you were going to upgrade get the LT headers over the shorties. The stock headers flow really well and since you want the performance, the LT would be the way to go with either a High Flow hpipe or better an O/r hpipe with a catback of your choice.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah originally I did want to go with long tube headers for my Stang. But since I bought and already put on the Borla catback I thought that wouldn't have worked since it is connected to the stock Y pipe, if I were to get the Long Tubes, I would have to get rid of the Borla catback Is this true? or is there an H pipe for long tube headers that goes back to make a Y? I looked into it and couldn't find anything.

(Hope the paragraph above makes some sense)

Do you think that the putting on the shortie headers would just be a waste? As all claims usually are about performance parts, I was told 10-12 hp increase with the headers in the link I sent you. I never believe any of those numbers those people throw at us.

Thanks again for the post.

I would not say those numbers are correct and may be at the crank so RWHP may be 4-5 and for the price on install IMHO it would not be worth it.

Yes, they make an Hpipe that hooks to the LT and then a dual catback.

You are not gaining much performance at all still going through your "Y" Pipe.

Yank it all out start with LT/Hpipe/Catback and you will see some nice 15-25 hp gains depending on how the car reacts to the increase flow.

Hit me on PM or email for more information.

Travis