'01 vs '03 Cobra Gas Mileage???

admdavs

Feb 25, 2004
Chicago
I am about three to four months away from making my new purchase- still debating the '01 vs '03 Cobra- I know the beast that is the '03, but cost and other restrictions might regelate me to a low mile used '01- I have about an 80mile roundtrip drive to work and this would be my daily car- are there any real life numbers out there for what kind of gas mileage you are getting to the tank for an '01 and '03??????

it also depends on where you live....I live in New York, my commute to work is not the same as yours....then again my daily commuter is a Taurus Waogn........Do you have all highway with stop and go? that has a bearing on gas consumption.

Between the 2? the 03 has bigger injectors and will use a little more gas....i believe they have 39 pound vs 24lb in an 01 cobra.

I have no idea what mileage I'm getting...I've never checked. I took it on faith that with this car, and my driving style, that keeping track was not going to be pretty. At $2.20 a gallon in San Diego, I just dont want to know.

Not trying to be a jerk, but if mileage has a deep effect on your finances, you may want to consider other options.

With my latest tune I'm averaging 16-17MPG in mixed driving. About 20 HWY and 15 CITY.

I did manage to squeeze 25MPG out of her once on a trip down to Florida. Just for S & G's I ran almost a full tank through her at 65MPH on the expressway. Man was that hard to do!

U.M.

I average about 15-16 MPG in my 01 vert around town on short trips. Hiway MPG goes up over 20. Best ever was when I drove cross country, 25.5 MPG and I was rollin' about 85-90 MPH across west TX.

The R's best hiway MPG is 22.5, again doing 80+ in the wide open west.

Ed

I got about 21 or so mostly hwy with some stop and go in my daily commute. I am a new driver so I would suspect it to go up as I get better wtih the car.

It was 20mpg the tank before that. This is a mixure though too, so all hwy I am not sure.

where did you buy your cobra if i may ask. i am looking at going back to mossy (where i got my GT) or perhaps going out to Drew because it was recommended to me by a friend.

1990StangLX said:
where did you buy your cobra if i may ask. i am looking at going back to mossy (where i got my GT) or perhaps going out to Drew because it was recommended to me by a friend.

I bought mine at Mossy. At the time the other SVT dealers in town were charging an extra $5K for the cobras and Mossy wasn't. They were actually pretty decent and have done an OK job of taking care of me warranty wise. I say OK as it took over a month, and I was given the car back 3 times as "fixed" when it wasn't. But in the end, my problems were solved. I hear other guys saying similar stuff about a lot of dealers. I think with about anyone, you have to be up on the current info available and persistent enough to just keep going back if something is not right. All in all, I would prob go there again.

I must have a heavy foot...average on the trip meter for a full to empty tank is 170 miles...which is 13 mpg...but i only drive it on the weekends and not a lot of highway....

....wonders is the o6 SVT will be a hybred engine? lol

thank you very much for the information. i'll be going to mossy this week to look at their cobras and hopefully i will be able to get one. i figure they know me and my car already so it may help out in working for a good deal for me