03 Cobra Front Bumper Conversion Parts List...

im planning on doing an 03 cobra bumper on my car soon and im not sure if i have a list of all the parts i need or not.

1 - 03-04 Cobra Bumper
1 - PAIR of 03-04 Cobra Foglight Surrounds
1 - 03-04 Cobra Chin Spoiler
1 - Set of 99-04 Foglights
1 - Grill Delete

as far as i know, that is all i need... i already have a Mach1 Grill and i have a GT so i have the foglight switch and all still...

if i missed anything let me know.

• Sponsors (?)

03/04 cobra bumper
Foglight bezels
03/04 cobra foglights
wiring adapters (makes install easier)
03/04 cobra chin spoiler (not needed, but looks nicer)

You don't need a grill delete kit. You pretty much just need the new running horse emblem. The cobra bumper doesn't use that same flat black piece like the Mach does.

just converted mine...some advice..

-dont forget the mounting brackets for the fogs lamps
-dont get aftermarket fogs( at first i bought them non-OEM, and had to return them and go with ford, bc og=f the TERRIBLE fitment)

you wont really need a wiring adapter, just use a dremel to sand off this one plastic piece(youll see what im talking about) and youll be fine.

its gonna loook great, ill post some pics of mine once its complete!

03/04 cobra bumper
cobra bezels
cobra fogs
cobra chin
pigtails

All can be grabbed by Randy over at MD

if you have the mach 1 grille delete, you're all set with the grille.

Might i suggest finding some used cobra skirts to finish off the lines?

BEFORE:
CIMG4442.jpg

AFTER:
IMG_1185copy.jpg

:nice:

just converted mine...some advice..

-dont forget the mounting brackets for the fogs lamps
-dont get aftermarket fogs( at first i bought them non-OEM, and had to return them and go with ford, bc og=f the TERRIBLE fitment)

you wont really need a wiring adapter, just use a dremel to sand off this one plastic piece(youll see what im talking about) and youll be fine.

its gonna loook great, ill post some pics of mine once its complete!

I needed no mounting brakets. I used non oem lights that were made just like the oem and they fit great. Wiring pig tails are cheap. I bought my bumper pre painted from pershing auto on ebay. the lights bezels and pigtails from from www.50resto.com, and the chin spoiler from randy at mod depot.

Good question. I've been messing with this Supercoupe for so long, I forgot what the 03 Cobra setup was like. My bad!

The cobra has an heat exchanger. My IC looks great there. Without one or the other I think it looks empty.

View attachment 382383

03/04 cobra bumper
cobra bezels
cobra fogs
cobra chin
pigtails

All can be grabbed by Randy over at MD

if you have the mach 1 grille delete, you're all set with the grille.

Might i suggest finding some used cobra skirts to finish off the lines?

BEFORE:
CIMG4442.jpg

AFTER:
IMG_1185copy.jpg

:nice:

I personally like the gt side skirts better.

Cobra skirts > GT skirts. The GT skirts with the Cobra front end makes the lines look horrible. The GT skirts with the GT front end look great as the GT front end has more "curvey" lines. The cobra front end is bolder and requires that bold line to go straight back.

This is just my opinion I reached after seeing SO many different combinations on so many different mustangs. :nice:

How much does the bumper conversion cost? I also am interested in doing this. Thanks.

I can not get any aftermarket cobra bumper covers. I can only get new ford parts. What hood are you intrested in going with?

bumper cover = $460
fog lights = $65 x 2
fog light brackets = $9 x 2
chin spoiler = $110
fog light bezels = $11 x 2
painted mineral grey to match your car = $175

Just had mine done this week

I really like the heat exchanger hoods. At $915 for the cobra bumper swap, my purse is a bit empty at the moment for that. I just did a crazy motor swap for my car, and my husband is gonna get jellous if I don't start saving some money to buy something for his mustang too :( Thanks for the info, and I will retain it for future plans!

I can not get any aftermarket cobra bumper covers. I can only get new ford parts. What hood are you intrested in going with?

bumper cover = $460
fog lights = $65 x 2
fog light brackets = $9 x 2
chin spoiler = $110
fog light bezels = $11 x 2
painted mineral grey to match your car = $175

Just had mine done this week

I got my bumper cover pre painted and shipped for 415.00. payed 45 a peice for the fog lights. I didn't need brackets? I did payed a little more for the bezels 12. chin spoiler 105

415 cover painted and shipped
90 both fog light
24 bezels both
18 pig tails
105 chin spoiler
20 shipping on the rest
----------------------------------
672.00 on the car