'04 Cobra vs. '04 Roush GT

First off, I LOVE my car... here it is Alfman...

PS - Sonic Blue is a hell of a lot nicer looking color than Redfire... j/k

Dwaysmall.JPG

DSC00002.jpg

frontsmall.JPG

You got me on the hand built motor over the GT motor. Good call. I've had problems with mine, but I still like the car a lot.

OK, so you guys win... the Cobra gets my vote too. :)

• Sponsors (?)

MystiChrome Coupe said:
You say that like all terminator owners always have thier cars in for service all the time. I think that we just hear from the unlucky ones that have problems, not the many more (me included) that have had nothing but good times with thier cars.

And as far as value, do you think the car in the link above is worth 33K? No way in hell. I could ask 38K for mine, don't mean it's worth it.

You sound as if you don't like your own car. Not a slam, just an observation. :shrug:

Sorry I came across that way. I like the car, but my car was one of the first 03's produced, and it's had its fair share of problems. I've had some aches and pains with it, but I love the car.

Get the cobra!!!

I have been driving my cobra Very hard for most of the year. I run it on our local tracks twice a month, even in the 115 deg summer heat of willowsprings. She hasnt seen the dealer since I got it. yes it has a few bumps and clunks that they all seem to have but all in all it is a Very good car and for the money?? just try and go buy a car that will beat it for under 40k

Cobra-Master said:
First off, I LOVE my car... here it is Alfman...

PS - Sonic Blue is a hell of a lot nicer looking color than Redfire... j/k

Dwaysmall.JPG

DSC00002.jpg

frontsmall.JPG

You got me on the hand built motor over the GT motor. Good call. I've had problems with mine, but I still like the car a lot.

OK, so you guys win... the Cobra gets my vote too. :)

Ill have to agree with you on the color. If they would have made it in 04, that would have been my first choice :nice: . Silver is nice too.
And the Cobra has yet to loose. :banana: :banana:

alfman9 said:
Well, you dont see the Roushs around because nobody wants to pay that much for a roushkateer mustang associated with the likes of: kurt busch, greg biffle, etc.

reason why you don't see as many is 1. they didn't make as many compared to cobras and 2. people who buy a roush tend to not drive it as much. Also I bet the majority of the people who buy a roush don't care who races for roush. roush has been a part of motorsports longer than SVT has been around and roush would not make a product that was crap. it might be different around where you live, but the roush dealers around here have always had a hard time of keeping them on the showroom. seem to sell them faster than they get them in while the cobras sat on the for a while. just my .02 cents.

RFMustangGT said:
reason why you don't see as many is 1. they didn't make as many compared to cobras and 2. people who buy a roush tend to not drive it as much. Also I bet the majority of the people who buy a roush don't care who races for roush. roush has been a part of motorsports longer than SVT has been around and roush would not make a product that was crap. it might be different around where you live, but the roush dealers around here have always had a hard time of keeping them on the showroom. seem to sell them faster than they get them in while the cobras sat on the for a while. just my .02 cents.

wow, and only 2 years late

My vote goes to a Saleen with a supercharger. It's not a Cobra motor (I agree a better motor) but you have the rarity factor, 375hp stock with a far better suspension package and better looking car than a Cobra. I see Saleens one or twice a year and Cobras everyday. Saleens have a beter dealer network (vs. Roush) and get FAR more attention that most any Cobras. Not to down play a Cobra, they are very sweet. Saleen should have been smart though and put the 32v motor in his cars. Check ebay!

i say cobra, its alot cheaper to put a roush body kit on than it is to make a GT as fast as a cobra!!! you cant just throw a s.c on a gt and think youe good to go because the tranny and reas end were not built to handle that kind of power:nice: