04 Mustang with no keys - Please Help!!!

Rebsgirl

Feb 25, 2023
Please Help!!! My mom recently passed away and I got her 2004 Anniversary Edition Mustang. But I didn’t get the original keys. Along with that I think the PATS system is not working right. Where is the PATS module located and how can I check to see if its bad??

• Sponsors (?)

Please Help!!! My mom recently passed away and I got her 2004 Anniversary Edition Mustang. But I didn’t get the original keys. Along with that I think the PATS system is not working right. Where is the PATS module located and how can I check to see if its bad??
I would not in any way, shape, or form, screw with the PATS system until you have a proper set of keys.

Take your VIN down and call the dealer to get a set. I'm sure there's some [proceedure] for marrying the new keys to the car so ask about that too when you call.

If there's a homebrew method for doing this stuff with [no keys] at all, one of these other dudes should have a hot tip although it may require equipment that you may not possess.

I would not in any way, shape, or form, screw with the PATS system until you have a proper set of keys.

Take your VIN down and call the dealer to get a set. I'm sure there's some [proceedure] for marrying the new keys to the car so ask about that too when you call.

If there's a homebrew method for doing this stuff with [no keys] at all, one of these other dudes should have a hot tip although it may require equipment that you may not possess.
Thats just it Ford only keeps the codes for 10 years. I can’t go and get a new set and that’s partof the problem. They told me I had to call a locksmith.

Thats just it Ford only keeps the codes for 10 years. I can’t go and get a new set and that’s partof the problem. They told me I had to call a locksmith.
Well... You don't have a key to copy so there's no point in worrying about PATS.

Frankly, the locksmith might be your best option unless you want to replace the ignition lock, doors, and trunk cylinders yourself. You can get the keys on Amazon but you have nothing to duplicate.

The locksmith may be able to duplicate the teeth without having to change all the lock cylinders. He also likely possesses the tool necessary to reprogram the PATS system to the new [chipped] keys.

Here's what that might look like:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvfyB1duh2Y&ab_channel=HayesMobileAutoRepair

Reactions: 1 user