• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

07 Hydraulic clutch

  • Thread starter Thread starter stumpjumperpro
  • Start date Start date Feb 28, 2008
S

stumpjumperpro

New Member
Jan 5, 2008
18
0
0
Feb 28, 2008
#1
  • Feb 28, 2008
  • #1
I was told the 07 has a hydraulic clutch, is it possible to ease the pressure on it any? I have a Fidanza Alum. flywheel and Spec3 clutch that were put on by the previous owner. I talked with Spec, they said I do not have the Low Pedal Effort option, but to buy a new clutch with the option would not change the effort much.

If none of this is an option, any ideas? Does anyone know if the Fidanza, Centerforce, etc. would less effort for use? I plan to do more mods, but not sure I need this much of a clutch. It is somewhat of a pain (literally) to drive in stop-n-go traffic.
 

belzebub2u

New Member
Oct 10, 2004
164
0
0
Woodstock GA
Feb 29, 2008
#2
  • Feb 29, 2008
  • #2
no, you are pretty screwed with the pedal feel. the centerforce DF is good, so is the spec stage 2+
 
S

stumpjumperpro

New Member
Jan 5, 2008
18
0
0
Feb 29, 2008
#3
  • Feb 29, 2008
  • #3
That's what I figured. The guy at Spec told me that the pressure plate was pretty much the same for the 2 or 3 and that the difference would not be that noticeable. I am afraid that I will spend $1000 for an installed clutch and it not be much different. But, I don't want to go to a stock clutch as I have read those are not very reliable. I may just have to deal with it.

Does the flywheel have anything to do with the feel? I am guessing no.
 

bronco78

Member
Jul 9, 2005
88
0
6
Feb 29, 2008
#4
  • Feb 29, 2008
  • #4
stumpjumperpro said:
Does the flywheel have anything to do with the feel? I am guessing no.
Click to expand...
No, engagement feel yes, pedel feel no.
 

anthony05gt

Active Member
Mar 18, 2006
1,262
1
37
Maryland
Feb 29, 2008
#5
  • Feb 29, 2008
  • #5
Centerforce DF feels about like stock, maybe a bit more pressure, but not much if any. It's good up to 450 rwhp or so.
 

belzebub2u

New Member
Oct 10, 2004
164
0
0
Woodstock GA
Mar 1, 2008
#6
  • Mar 1, 2008
  • #6
well, the spec stage 2 and 3 feel the same, but the stage 2+ is about 50 bucks more and has a more stock feel.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

4
Drivetrain Wilwood Clutch and Brake Pedal Combo Installation - Help
  • 427stang
  • Jul 8, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
80
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 8, 2026
427stang
4
P
2002 T5 transmission vibration issue
  • puffoo
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
238
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Feb 22, 2026
puffoo
P
Drivetrain Time to pull and lube the clutch cable
  • LX Dave
  • Dec 21, 2024
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
30
Views
2K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jan 7, 2025
limp
K
TKX Transmission Shifting Problem
  • KWC156
  • Jun 23, 2025
  • Other Auto Tech
  • 2
Replies
21
Views
3K
Other Auto Tech Jun 13, 2026
427nostang
4
For Sale Borg Warner WC T5, Stock Bell Housing, RAM Clutch Set, Double Hump Cross Member, & Pro 5.0 Shifter
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 9, 2025
  • Drivetrain Parts
Replies
3
Views
836
Drivetrain Parts Sep 7, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?