1 Quick Question To Clarify Parking Brake Cable Needed....

92Apocalypso

Mar 7, 2017
gentleman,

I know which parking brake cables I needed to order to hookup my parking brake after the disc conversion, and I thought I knew which front cable I needed.... i go to order it and I saw LMR has a kit, with an accompanying tutorial video. the front cable they have pictured in the kit looks different than the m 2300 one, and I'm wondering if I can indeed order the LMR kit, or do I order the 2 rear cables and the m2300 front cable separate? I've attached photos. thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170703-005128.png
    Screenshot_20170703-005128.png
    307 KB · Views: 190
  • Screenshot_20170703-005150.png
    Screenshot_20170703-005150.png
    221.4 KB · Views: 184
  • Sponsors (?)

The third cable is supppsed to replace the adjuster on the handle which has a tendency to ratchet up and drag the rear brakes, or release randomly. Ford has a recall on their SN95s because the manual cars would roll suddenly due to the adjuster failing.

So if you do the "weld" on the third tooth, you'll need a way to adjust tension.

With mine, I had the cables stretch slightly, so I had to get under the car a couple times to tighten.

I'm sure it can work without it, but that's the idea, so you can just decide your route

Reactions: 1 users
The third cable is supppsed to replace the adjuster on the handle which has a tendency to ratchet up and drag the rear brakes, or release randomly. Ford has a recall on their SN95s because the manual cars would roll suddenly due to the adjuster failing.

So if you do the "weld" on the third tooth, you'll need a way to adjust tension.

With mine, I had the cables stretch slightly, so I had to get under the car a couple times to tighten.

I'm sure it can work without it, but that's the idea, so you can just decide your route

so I actually ordered the kit and ordered the additional separate cable. I'm having the lever fabricated as shown in the video. I don't have any time to do any of this currently, so it's going to the shop, along with the suspension upgrades. I'm having the order in a few minutes to take advantage of the LMR sale.