110 Fuel In Fox Plz Help

Lscam580

Aug 27, 2014
Grand Rapids Mi
Wondering about running 110 race fuel. I'm running 10.5-1 flat top forged Pistons, trick flow twisted wedge heads with 58cc. E303 cam and a wild rotating assembly. Fuel injection, msd dist,electronic 6al msd box 14deg advance on timing. Will 110 be ok to run in car? I put 87 pump gas in and the car ran like crap,had to drain the tank. Put 95 octane pump gas in and the motor woke up. And can continue to run 14deg

• Sponsors (?)

If it's fine with 95 in the tank, why would you think you need to fill it with 110? Not to mention, if your car is EFI and your race fuel has lead in it, you'll damage the O2 sensors.

If you're still having issues, I'd probably just back the timing off a degree or two. You'll find very little, if any difference performance wise between 12-deg and 14 deg timing.

Reactions: 1 users
Want to play with the octane rating and not risk damaging the O2 sensors or other fuel system components? Use Toluene or Xylene available at many paint and home improvement stores. It isn't cheap, but you can make 93 octane pump gas a higher octane for a night at the drag strip or just some fun on the road to see what it does for your car.

See Rocket fuel FAQ Copyright ã 1999,2000 by Eliot Lim | Mustang Forums at StangNet

Reactions: 1 user
Want to play with the octane rating and not risk damaging the O2 sensors or other fuel system components? Use Toluene or Xylene available at many paint and home improvement stores. It isn't cheap, but you can make 93 octane pump gas a higher octane for a night at the drag strip or just some fun on the road to see what it does for your car.

See Rocket fuel FAQ Copyright ã 1999,2000 by Eliot Lim | Mustang Forums at StangNet

Someone will need to have to do a lot more than just bump timing to see any benefit from that.

OP: Try weaning the car off of the 95 octane down to the highest octane you can get at the pump. If it's 93 octane, it will work wonderfully. If it's 91 octane I'm about 80% sure that it will run wonderfully.

Do not put race gas in your car. There is a lot more of a difference between race fuel and pump gas than just octane rating.

" a wild rotating assembly"
:snort:

What size injectors and MAF are you running on this monster? I bet if you back the timing down to 10, you can run it on 91 or 93 octane.

just sayin

You will see no appreciable benefit on race gas with the combo that you are running currently, just an empty wallet. As the others have said already stated, even the 95 octane fuel (where the heck do you even get something like that?) is overkill. Leaded race fuels are a strict no no in a street beast and will destroy the O2's, just ask me how I know that. Unleaded race fuels are available in octanes all the way up to 116 but again, you will see no benefit from them. Save your money and simply use readily available 92 octane pump gas. Honestly, you'll likely get away with the timing that you already run. It would be advisable to pull plugs and look for detonation after making any wot pulls

I used to mix a half a tank of 116 in my supercharged SSC from time to time, especially when I took it to the track. I did it for added octane (insurance) when I planned to beat on it. The car seemed to like it and I really liked the exhaust smell at car shows and cruise ins. LOL

Now that I've got my vert supercharged and running strong, I plan to do the same when I go to the track.

Someone will need to have to do a lot more than just bump timing to see any benefit from that.

OP: Try weaning the car off of the 95 octane down to the highest octane you can get at the pump. If it's 93 octane, it will work wonderfully. If it's 91 octane I'm about 80% sure that it will run wonderfully.

Do not put race gas in your car. There is a lot more of a difference between race fuel and pump gas than just octane rating.
I have done the toluene thing and I noticed that the engine smoothed out somewhat.

However, there is a warning that goes along with using high concentrations, and that is the car may be hard to start when the engine and weather temps are low. Toluene is not as volatile as pump gas (translated that means it doesn't vaporize as easily). Vapor burns easily, raw fuel does not.

I used to mix a half a tank of 116 in my supercharged SSC from time to time, especially when I took it to the track. I did it for added octane (insurance) when I planned to beat on it. The car seemed to like it and I really liked the exhaust smell at car shows and cruise ins. LOL

Now that I've got my vert supercharged and running strong, I plan to do the same when I go to the track.
I used to do the same with 99 octane when running the nitrous system at the track.

The car will run worse on 110, that fuel is going to burn too slow for a 10.5:1 E cammed motor. Run 93 octane in it and if it is running like crap on 93 octane you have other issues.

Are you positive your timing pointer is accurate? have you checked it with a degree wheel or at least a piston stop? What is the total timing at WOT?

109 octane fuel is only worth 10rwhp on my engine which is way more aggressive than what you have going on. Race fuel is a big waste of money 99% of the time in my case.

The car will run worse on 110, that fuel is going to burn too slow for a 10.5:1 E cammed motor. Run 93 octane in it and if it is running like crap on 93 octane you have other issues.

Are you positive your timing pointer is accurate? have you checked it with a degree wheel or at least a piston stop? What is the total timing at WOT?

109 octane fuel is only worth 10rwhp on my engine which is way more aggressive than what you have going on. Race fuel is a big waste of money 99% of the time in my case.

Still waiting on what a "wild rotating assembly" is. That alone has got to be worth 100hp