12.5s, what do I need to do to get there?

hotmustang331 said:
Its sad when people have to take quotes individually to make a point and take things out of context. You sound like a little baby, whining about every little thing is say LOL.
I did this simply to address each point individually - why does this bother you so? Things taken out of context - no, I disagree. I think I captured your post very well. Were all my quotes without gaps? No, but was there intent to misrepresent your post...I don't think so.
hotmustang331 said:
And who died and made you the Mr know it all?
Mr. Know It All in what regard? Because I can use a encyclopedia and provide you with the meaning of "drag racing"? Please be more specific. Your argument or point here is worthless.
hotmustang331 said:
I was trying to be as nice as I could...
by stating, "you guys are idiots"?
hotmustang331 said:
my problem with getting 12.5s by means of slicks and a few boltons is basically because I street race on occasion, and you CANT do 5K dropps on the street, so your just as fast as a normal bolton GT then....90% of my races are on the highway with random encounters...slick and a high rpm drop isnt going to help me or him there) ...
You state you street race on occasion...then you state 90% of your races are on the highway...so, which is it? Either way, it is illegal and stupid.
hotmustang331 said:
you make that first quote sound like I said No offence, but your idiots, right off the bat...I said no offence to anyone, but your the ones who started this...Dont mix things together and say thats how I typed it.
You are right, you didn't say, "No offence to anyone, You guys are idiots" - you, right off the bat, said, "you guys are idiots"? It was later, near the end of your thread that you added the "no offence" - I don't see how you feel this was taking your words out of context...I mean, wasn't that what you were saying "no offence" to, to the prior statement, "you guys are idiots"? If I did misrepresent, I apologize for doing so. For now and otherwise, I stand by what I typed...I believe I captured the air of your thread very well.
hotmustang331 said:
Again, im trying not to be rude, but you sir are purposefully being rude and obnoxious (IE calling ME DIRECTLY a DICK). I bet you have got pounded into the ground on more than one occasion LOL. Atleast try and have some respect LOL,...seems like people on here have little man syndrome and try to be the "tough guy" by talking trash over the E net. If thats the only way you can feel "tough" or like a "man" then by all means, bash everything I say.
But you started it! :D OK, point taken - I do sincerely apologize for that one.
hotmustang331 said:
Grow up..... I say this thread should be locked, the guy has gotten his answer and I DONT want this turning into a flame war...im trying to stay calm and keep it from getting there
I am all grown up, thank you...39 and holding. I own a house, 2 GTs, 10 years plus in a professional position with a major corporation, 2 wonderful children, and 2 gay cats (they are either licking each other or wrestling with each other...looks pretty gay to me... :rolleyes: :rlaugh: ) I am confident in myself and mature beyond my years.
Take a look in the mirror and do a bit of growing up yourself. Starting your post with "WHAT? You guys are idiots" isn't the most mature opening.

• Sponsors (?)

hotmustang331 said:
Its sad when people have to take quotes individually to make a point and take things out of context. You sound like a little baby, whining about every little thing is say LOL. And who died and made you the Mr know it all? that last post again shows your imaturity, I was trying to be as nice as I could...( i even stated the obvious of AGAIN how I would get 12.5s...and my problem with getting 12.5s by means of slicks and a few boltons is basically because I street race on occasion, and you CANT do 5K dropps on the street, so your just as fast as a normal bolton GT then....90% of my races are on the highway with random encounters...slick and a high rpm drop isnt going to help me or him there) ...you make that first quote sound like I said No offence, but your idiots, right off the bat...I said no offence to anyone, but your the ones who started this...Dont mix things together and say thats how I typed it. Again, im trying not to be rude, but you sir are purposefully being rude and obnoxious (IE calling ME DIRECTLY a DICK). I bet you have got pounded into the ground on more than one occasion LOL. Atleast try and have some respect LOL,...seems like people on here have little man syndrome and try to be the "tough guy" by talking trash over the E net. If thats the only way you can feel "tough" or like a "man" then by all means, bash everything I say. Grow up..... I say this thread should be locked, the guy has gotten his answer and I DONT want this turning into a flame war...im trying to stay calm and keep it from getting there...I told him my opinion of how he should get 12.5s and he seemed to agree that he wanted to get there by means of power, and not ONLY by 6K dumps.(not that they are seperate things, but you get my point) Case closed I guess.

First of all, I never said ANYTHING about racing from a stop vs racing from a roll. I just said that peak HP vs. torque and traction is not as black and white as you were making it out to be, but maybe you don't communicate well. I'm also honestly starting to wonder if you've ever seen a power curve from a dyno. In my opinion, as far as the car goes, the power curve is key. The reason a lot of people like to race from a roll is that it's easy to utilize a bad power curve. Refusing to race from a stop is really saying you don't have a balanced car.

I really normally stay away from this stuff, but you hit a nerve with me. I understand arguing with you is pointless - I could spell it out as completely as twogts4us did - but it's redundant and hopeless. Based on the way you write and your insults, I think that you are the one with the security issues. All of the problems in this thread originated with you, so your preemptive strike suggesting to lock the thread is pretty funny.

Back when I used to "street race" and, in general, be a menace to the highways, I met a lot of people like you. They talked a lot, generally only knew a little bit, and always accused people for doing things that they did on a daily basis - but they were all too self-deluded to realize they were doing it themselves.

I'd also like to mention that not many people ever called me an idiot to my face, and I really, really doubt you would either. The Internet is a nice way to take all the personality (and personal responsibility) out of a discussion.

P.S. "When one person hates you [or in this case, disagrees with you], it's them. When everybody hates you, it's you." -- I believe that's an Adam Sandler quote, but I could be wrong.

I also understand you're going to come back saying that you're the victim, we all started a flame war, etc., etc. But what else do you want us to do when you act like that and flame us? Step outside yourself for an hour or so, try to take a different perspective and look at what you said. I am simply reacting to you.

hotmustang331 said:
Sarcastic LOL, all 99-04s came with PIs. The only way your gonna get 12.5s N/A is by getting some MPH stg 3 race heads, MPH custom cams, forged SB with 10.1-1 compression (RPMs should be in the 7200RPMS range...I wouldnt do that on the stock SB), and LTs, O/R X, electric waterpump, upper plenum, 75MM TB, and a decent plastic CAI. (it will help more on a motor like that since it will be pulling ALOT more air then stock)....You should have 320-330 RWHP pretty easy with that setup, and MAY go into the 11s with slicks and some weight reduction...I know a guy with 340RWHP auto LS1 and he ran a 12.3 @ 109 or 111 on DRs. On street tires or Drs, you should be able to hit that 12.5 and trap a good 110.

This is my original statement...whats so rude and offencive about this? :shrug: You said I started it, I simply gave a way for the guy to hit 11s on slicks and 12.5s easily on street leagal tires, because when I aim for a fairly easy time like 12.5 I am automatically thinking DRs or street tires not slicks. Power curvs have nothing to do with this thread, boltons will not give a better drag racing power curve than the above setup I mentioned, so I have no idea where you pulled the part about me not knowing anything about power curvs...we are not talking about comparing indiviual parts and their effect on the curve and therefore drag racing....and to the other guy, I could aslo pick apart your statement 1 by one easily, but i choose not to because it would simply go on forever.. EDIT: hmm let me see here, I would 100% agree with you guys on this subject if not for 1 thing...I street race on occasion (like I said), and for ME (and thus my opinion) slicks and skinnys will neither help me on the street from a dig or from a roll (illegal, and they wouldnt hook that great anyways...also is my DD)....they only help on the track...SO if thats the only racing you guys do, then i completely understand where your coming from....there is no need for competeing from a roll at the track, ET is all that matters, and as long as its better than the other guys you have a faster car. Is that what you guys are saying?

hotmustang331 said:
This is my original statement...whats so rude and offencive about this? :shrug: You said I started it, I simply gave a way for the guy to hit 11s on slicks and 12.5s easily on street leagal tires, because when I aim for a fairly easy time like 12.5 I am automatically thinking DRs or street tires not slicks.

There was nothing rude about your original statement. It was a general, and totally incorrect blanket statement, but not rude. It was offensive to me because, according to you, my car is slow, and basically comparable to a mild, bolt-on GT off of the track. For someone that is a second away from running 12.5s, you sure do know a lot about what it takes to achieve them. Slicks were not my first set of tires either. I ran well into the 12.4s on DRs before the slicks were mounted.

hotmustang331 said:
Power curvs have nothing to do with this thread, boltons will not give a better drag racing power curve than the above setup I mentioned, so I have no idea where you pulled the part about me not knowing anything about power curvs...we are not talking about comparing indiviual parts and their effect on the curve and therefore drag racing.

I'm not even going to debate with you about power curves. It's blatantly obvious that you're a peak number kinda guy. Your head is really gonna hurt one day when you try to figure out why you keep getting beat by cars with less HP.

hotmustang331 said:
(and thus my opinion) slicks and skinnys will neither help me on the street from a dig or from a roll (illegal, and they wouldnt hook that great anyways...also is my DD)....they only help on the track...SO if thats the only racing you guys do, then i completely understand where your coming from....there is no need for competeing from a roll at the track, ET is all that matters, and as long as its better than the other guys you have a faster car.

Well, that's your opinion. But riddle me this...if slicks and skinnys help out at the track, why wouldn't they help out on the street? I guarantee you that my rotational weight is a lot lighter, and will accelerate faster than your setup when run back to back on the same car. True, slicks are illegal for street use, but if you want to get technical, so are DRs after a few miles of use (I seriously doubt BFGs would pass an inspection test brand new). But, being that you race from a roll, why even bother with DRs? Sticky tires just add rolling resistance.

My original statement was dead on, are you saying with that combo on slicks that he couldnt run 11s? You aslo have to take in acoount that he MAY not be the best driver in the world, with a car on the hairy edge of mid 12s a different driver can make or break a car....the least amout possable setups leave too much room for speculation on how good the driver is IMO. And for your info my car thats "a second away from 12.5s" is my DD. Its the 66 thats the fast one. Also notice I said slicks and skinnys wouldnt help ME....ME, on the street because they are illegal and would easily get a ticket for them...go talk to some speed shops, they will tell you that DOTs and slicks dont hook good on the street due to the sand and gravel thats on the road....many racers in austin are actually running racing dirt tires LOL, they say that they are getting way better traction. Never assume that just because they are the best on the track that they are the best on the street. BTW I know QUITE abit about power curvs...if you see the head/cam/intake setup on my 66 you will see that everything works in conjunction with each other...someone who knows nothing about power curvs will mix and match parts....so your gonna have to do better than that. BTW DK you have a VERY fast car, i oppologize...12.1s is VERY fast no matter if your in race or street trim...dont want you to take my statements the wrong way.