Electrical 12v power source for fan relay.

ggradtech

Jun 17, 2016
I have my Contour fan almost completed. Thanks to the guys who helped me get it nearly finished! Is there a way to check to see if my coolant overflow wiring is a good 12v non-constant source? I thonk checking it with a meter with the key "on" should work? I'm not sure that the starter solenoid will be a good choice. I read someplace that if the car gets warm, that starter solenoid 12v source can be flakey. If someone has another recommendation for this power, let me know. I don't have A/C or heat in this car, and don't know what other 12v source would work. Thanks.

Ggradtech is online now Report Post
Edit Quote

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks guys.... I'll need to check that wiring for power. I have an aftermarket dash gauge setup. No warning lights anymore, so I'll need to first check to make sure that there is still power within that wiring. Check it with a meter sound right? Anyone know which color wire is the (+) one?

You could just run it from the fuse box. That way if it develops and issue it doesn't knock out anything else that is on that coolant overflow circuit

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user