140 MPH Speedometer

I did a 4 cyclinder to 5.0 swap. I bought a 140 mph gauge cluster from a ebay seller last August. I just installed it today. Everything looked good until I hit 40 MPH and the needle jumped up to 120 MPH and worked it's way up to 150. Lots of noise, I'm sure the speedometer is toast now.

I'm going to throw back in my 85 MPH gauge cluster. The tach is double the actual RPM's. There's a removble circuit board in both of them, is that the deal the corrects the tach?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think the module controls the tach, I think it is the anti slosh module for the fuel take level sender. As far as the tach, you can probably just swap the V8 one into the other cluster, or if the new one looks better, just swap the speedos between the two.

I also did a 4 banger sawp with a 93 coupe, I used a 140 spedo in my 4 cyl guage cluster with out any problems for a year before my sawp.

I want to say when i did the swap I used the V-8 spedo cable from the donor car. I had to get a v8 tach b/c the 4cyl would read incorrectly but it will fit in the original guage cluster. Its been almost 5 years since I did the sawp now...