16 Gt With A Kenny Bell Blower Need Some Info

slickmustang1

Dec 25, 2016
I have a 16 gt and have a 2.8 bell blower with 11 lb of boost and as you know you have to put much shorter motor mounts on it will a set of 1 7/8 long tube headers fit with the bell mounts? I put a duel ram air hood on it and it is taller than a stock one but I don't want to have to put the stock hood back on to find out if they will fit on it.2 after the headers goes on I am putting a snow meth inj on it and going with 15 lb of boost and adding bigger cams in it.should I try to find the hand held programmer that come's with 3 free tunes or should i to find a trailer and find a dyno shop and let them put the tune on it? I am trying to get to 1,000 hp.I just sold some land so I can do anything I want to it so if any one knows any of the info I need please let me know this is my 1 st blower thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 16 gt and have a 2.8 bell blower with 11 lb of boost and as you know you have to put much shorter motor mounts on it will a set of 1 7/8 long tube headers fit with the bell mounts? I put a duel ram air hood on it and it is taller than a stock one but I don't want to have to put the stock hood back on to find out if they will fit on it.2 after the headers goes on I am putting a snow meth inj on it and going with 15 lb of boost and adding bigger cams in it.should I try to find the hand held programmer that come's with 3 free tunes or should i to find a trailer and find a dyno shop and let them put the tune on it? I am trying to get to 1,000 hp.I just sold some land so I can do anything I want to it so if any one knows any of the info I need please let me know this is my 1 st blower thanks

if you're running a Kenne Bell you should run the tune that comes with the kit. Otherwise, it should be dyno-tuned. You also mentioned cams and headers: Are you following a plan or spitting out part names? If you have a plan, then part of your plan should include all of the supporting mods necessary to keep the blower happy. Long tubes IMO are a waste of time on that setup. The KB doesn't care.

What you might want begin researching is what is necessary to ensure that you have enough fuel to feed this whole thing. Injectors, pump, pump power supply, rails, regulator, and yes... this will all need a tune. What's more is that if you do make it all the way to cam installation that this will REQUIRE that you dyno-tune (we are way outside of off-the-shelf tune land now).

The hood: No idea what will clear the stock hood where the KB is concerned. Toss an aftermarket hood into the mix and who knows... maybe someone will come along with that exact set up but I doubt it. You'll have to measure.

1000hp for what purpose? :shrug: You will never see 1000hp with a 2.8L Kenne Bell. 1000hp is 4.2L+ territory and the stock block and internals will likely not respond well.

Before you begin adding all of these visions of sugar plums, what exactly, is the intended purpose of the car?

Edit: Why would you put a ram air hood with a KB kit? The inlets are not going match up and an open ram air hood is going to 'hurt' cooling and air-flow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users